Yellow Bullet Forums banner

121 - 140 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
The cam was cut for 1.8 rockers. The geometry on these heads end up different so i ended up with 1.73 otherwise would have to modify 1.8 rockers which I didn’t want to do. I checked actual lift yesterday and its 748. Cam is 435
I'd leave the intake duration alone unless you are gonna change the LC to 110.

I'd probably do a 266/278 110 LC
Is this still what you would recommend knowing Steve wants 825 hp, not 800

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
.875 lifter has a .750 wheel , bigger wheel would make the cam act bigger, reason I asked.
Very interesting. Sounds like you have worked with these 3.6 before. I know chi uses the 1.6 valve. Must be for the reasons you talk about.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
I talked with another builder he said he was kinda surprised we hit 796 with our setup🤷🏻? Cam in his terms. Very very small.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Is this still what you would recommend knowing Steve wants 825 hp, not 800
His intake , the single, is big and short runner, I haven't seen his heads but I know what the 3.6 heads I work with that flow 400 look like. The question is do you want an engine that performs well everywhere or just chasing a number? That head needs some overlap to make the exh. work. A lot of people go too big on everything. I mean i've made the power he's making with a 1.5 venturi carb. These are just my opinions and I've done several engines with 3.6 heads, Chad and I have worked together on some. But I'm a dirt track guy and I like broad power bands. He'll just have to take the information and decide for himself what he wants to do.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
His intake , the single, is big and short runner, I haven't seen his heads but I know what the 3.6 heads I work with that flow 400 look like. The question is do you want an engine that performs well everywhere or just chasing a number? That head needs some overlap to make the exh. work. A lot of people go too big on everything. I mean i've made the power he's making with a 1.5 venturi carb. These are just my opinions and I've done several engines with 3.6 heads, Chad and I have worked together on some. But I'm a dirt track guy and I like broad power bands. He'll just have to take the information and decide for himself what he wants to do.

You can add more lift more intake duration , bigger carbs, more carbs but until you fix the high cylinder pressure , residual, at the beginning of the intake stroke it's for nothing, mexican stand off shit's not coming in the cyl.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Ok. Thanks for the explanation. I thought it did pretty well making almost 800hp a little over 7000 rpm and higher torque than I usually see out of clevelands.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Like i said the original cam was designed for 1.8 rockers. That was supposed to give me .780 lift. But geometry changed me to 1.73. My net lift loaded with lash ended up 748. I’ll change cam and add vac pump. That should kick it up to close to 825

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
We did make 785 with the Glidden intake and 1250 quickfuel.

·
Registered
595 Posts
You can add more lift more intake duration , bigger carbs, more carbs but until you fix the high cylinder pressure , residual, at the beginning of the intake stroke it's for nothing, mexican stand off shit's not coming in the cyl.
So does the large open plenum with short runners change what you want for LSA compared to a smaller plenum longer runner intake like a Roush A351

·
Registered
9,900 Posts
850 to 900hp is possible if you can use the all the head flow peaking between 7500 and 8000 rpm. Pick the rpm that the intake runner/port length requires.

The intake to exhaust ratio is 61% at max intake flow.

My intake length is 12" and that calls for peak power at 7600 rpm in pipemax but we picked to peak around 7000 rpm due to my equipment.

From pipemax printout for my FE.

3rd Harmonic= 12.048 (ProStock or Comp SheetMetal Intake) (7600 rpm)

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
With my current p/v clearance .790 at retainer going to about all i can go without cutting. On Glidden intake we had to shorten to run on 9.2 deck. The extra height would have been nice like the 9.5

121 - 140 of 157 Posts