Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our local Ryan's just closed. They had been struggling for a while, a friend of mine was a meat cutter there for many years. Luckily he had got another job a few months ago, I think he was expecting it to happen. Heres what puzzles me. On holidays, or special occasions like say, Mothers day, they would raise there prices. I would think you would drop the price a little, or at least stay the same, am I seeing things wrong? Other places have specials on these days, and are still open (for now). Am I missing something?

·
Bracket racer
5,194 Posts
Hard to say without seeing there costs. Allot can make a business go under. Biggest thing may have been a wallmart, Meijer or other big name chain store go up near by. Those places kill small mom and pop stores. Also rising costs of everything, gas, electric, food we shop where its the cheapest. If I can get it all in one place that saves me time and money.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Ryan's is going down quickly. I don't really like the place, but have eaten there with my daughter as she has one a mile from her house. Interesting to point out that the Ryan's near her house closed and another chain restaurant (buffet style-sorry can't remember the name) moved in and is killing it everyday. Will it last? Who knows for sure. I think Ryan's is closing their stores to save money and fend off a sure bankruptcy. We are told everyday that the economy is turning around everyday. Not seeing it around my place or in my travels. More places are sure to do the same as Ryan's. Downsize and disappear.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The main question I had was why go up on the prices on special occasions? Other places around here dont, and they are usually pretty packed on those days (and Sundays). The Ryans that closed was packed on Sundays a couple years ago, but not in the end.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Price goes up as demand for a sit down restaurant increases around special holidays. As far as why it has slowed down to a trickle of people is usually connected to poor food, service and cleanliness. Sometimes employee appearance is enough to turn away the masses.

·
Put Custom Title HERE!...
56,427 Posts
My sons name is Ryan............................... He struggles to stay employed too!... :smt102

·
Just Sayin Crew V.P.
37,825 Posts
My sons name is Ryan............................... He struggles to stay employed too!... :smt102
:smt082:smt082:smt082:smt082

·
having fun
31,332 Posts
local forum nazi's are the problem in this city....

if one person felt the water glass wasnt refilled by the waitress fast enough-they talk about it online,next thing you know theres a collective mindset among the members that the food must be horrible if the water cup wasnt full-next thing ya know theyre boycotting it...
usually its the retiree's that couldnt give a fuck about how hard someones day is or how miserable of a fuckhead they act towards the people at work..as long as they get pampered like little bitches theyre happy

works alot like this website actually!

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
81,263 Posts
IF YOUR FOOD SUCKS.....SO WILL YOUR INCOME

·
having fun
31,332 Posts
IF YOUR FOOD SUCKS.....SO WILL YOUR INCOME

depends....if the customers suck worse then the food-then your in business in the wrong town...

i cant speak for that ryans restaurant,it may truly be junk shit on the place

but some people love being overly critical as well-and love to stand in the way of progress...even in the food industry it happens

·
Registered
294 Posts
Ours closed down about 6 months ago. From my understanding, no warning to the employees or customers. We ate there probably twice a week. The food was decent, our waitress was great, and it was practically across the street from our shop. I would much rather eat there than go drop just as much at a fast food shack. Golden Corral is almost right across from it, and they are still knocking it down everyday. I dont understand how though, because its almost twice what Ryan's price was. I really feel for the employees though, most had been there for a long time.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My wife loved our Ryans, and we ate there often a while back. But, when I went there on whatever special day (mothers day mabey) and they jacked the price up, I remembered that when I was in that area the next time and ate somewhere else. The is a Applebees, Texas Steakhouse, Country Cookin on the same street and they are doing fine. They dont raise the prices on holidays either.

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
The local health department closed 1 of the 2 ryans down. Sub par meats, roaches and mouse shit in the storage bens, with food that had already been prepped/cooked. You name it, they got hit for it. The other one is days away from going tits up.

·
Registered
682 Posts
There is only one thing that fails a business. That is the Management. If you cant understand that then business is not your thing.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts