Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at buying the Hurst one to install in my Camaro, but I'm wondering if its really any better than a Summit/Biondo/B&M?

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
hurst
its rebuildable

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ive got hurst in both my cars. I had a tci in the one and didnt like it bought rebuild kits when i put them in that was two years ago still sitting in the tool box.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I use the Hurst one. I did rebuild it, because the car wasn't holding. But there was nothing wrong with it. Just turned out I wasn't standing on the pedal hard enough with the drum brakes.

·
Misanthropist
3,142 Posts
Looking at buying the Hurst one to install in my Camaro, but I'm wondering if its really any better than a Summit/Biondo/B&M?
FWIW,
The JEG's one is made by Hurst, and about 15% cheaper.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Biondo, been in the car 17yrs no problems!

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Not to change the subject, but what's up with the the tiny ass hole that fluid is suppose to flow through on the biondo. That damn thing is about as big around as a hair. How can you push enough fluid through it to move 4 piston calipers? I just changed out my hurst after 10 years, thought it was bad but turned out to be my power booster. I had to drill out the biondo just to be able to push the brake pedal down. Haven't tested it yet because I'm still waiting on a power booster. Don't know if it will work or not but I had no other option. Might be going back to a Hurst when all is said and done.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
went with jegs for my junk...

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I am pretty sure the Summit ones are made ny Hurst but I would stay away from them.Put 2 on my dads car and could not get either one to work.Sent them back each time then went ahead and bought the actual Hurst one and worked fine.Just think they do not check qualiity a well on the Summit ones they make.Just my opinion.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts