3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crower Hippo?

It came out of the 598. BBC The new Hippo's 842's look nothing like this body

·
TD 3550
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The build sheet states Crower Hippo and these are in there. I hope i don't have to make a phone call to this well known builder.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
They don't look like Crowers-I have a set.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Pretty sure thats the old crane ultra pros

·
TD 3550
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did Morel ever produce a body like this? There is no name on the link bar. I noticed searching there are listings with
this type of body called Morel Ultra Pro. I now see Crane has the same body, they are called Crane ultra Pro's also.
Thank you. They are not Hippo's for a fact. I wonder if Morel ever produced these for Crane. The main objective is
to see if i can get these rebuilt for a backup set.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Those are Morel's. Very nice lifters.
If they are the HIPPO version they will have a very small( about a .020) hole just below lifter galley flow through channels on the side of the lifter. They are rebuildable too.

·
Registered
89 Posts
x2 morel. morel does make them for a lot of different companies that just rebox them in a box with their own name on them. i purchased mine thru erson cams. came in a box marked erson cam and valvetrain but specificly asked my rep and was told manufactured and assembled by morel.

good lifters...i only broke some when i was sold incorrectly marked push rods. ended up being half as thick wall as was marked and tore up the rollers every time we would get on on 1/4 mile first pass.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Look just like a couple of sets of Crane lifters that I have.

Dennis

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
x2 morel. morel does make them for a lot of different companies that just rebox them in a box with their own name on them. i purchased mine thru erson cams. came in a box marked erson cam and valvetrain but specificly asked my rep and was told manufactured and assembled by morel.

good lifters...i only broke some when i was sold incorrectly marked push rods. ended up being half as thick wall as was marked and tore up the rollers every time we would get on on 1/4 mile first pass.
Looks like my Morels!!! You need to take a dremel tool with with a small cutoff wheel and go from the small oiling hole to the big hole in the center of the lifter. The slot only needs to be .005" to .010" deep. This helps big time getting oil up top to rockers. On the first set I used I didnt do it and burnt up drills trying to prime motor. I also burnt up some pushrods. The Morel lifter is the best out there.

·
T/S 368E
33,386 Posts

HI Sam.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts