Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need a bolt in turbo kit for my sons 89 lx. stock bottom end 302. trick flow heads and upper and lower. performance automatics c4 with a brake and 3500 stall. cam and fuel system(efi) will be matched to the turbo.
he doesn't have deep pockets and ain't trying to set a new x275 record lol. i saw the on 3performance stuff but kind of skeptical about the chinese shit and all the negative reviews on the innerwebs.

·
Registered
370 Posts
A b and g kit is nice. Pretty cheap on price too.

·
Huge Member
1,409 Posts
On3 is pretty shitty, but in my opinion you still cant beat it for the price. especially for a car with a stock motor.

·
Registered
20,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info. I've been reading up on the on3 kits. seems like that is a good kit for a teenagers car that is just getting started. Most likely go that route.

·
Huge Member
1,409 Posts
thanks for the info. I've been reading up on the on3 kits. seems like that is a good kit for a teenagers car that is just getting started. Most likely go that route.

Just plan on taking alot of time to make it fit nice. Your gonna have to work on the header flanges to get em flat and stretch the bolt holes to get em to line up.
And the v-band fitment is shit also, but you can make it all work pretty well if you have decent fab skills.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've had great luck with my HP kit. If the exhaust port is raised on your trick flows then the crossover will need a little tweeking but easy enough. Nice A/A IC as well!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts