Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a holley dominator ECU, as well as a Racepak Smartwire. I am getting ready to start wiring the car/ planning out a harness. I have some questions regarding possibilities through the CAN connection if anyone knows... It's a few hundred dollars for the adapter, and if I can't do what I'd like, it's pointless.

• I Can do CAN outputs from the holley ECU, and use as inputs in the Smartwire correct?
  • Is it possible to send a CAN output from the Smartwire, and use as an input in the ECU?
(example: Turn signal switch hardwired to Smartwire, Output to turn bulb, as well as a CAN output to the ECU to use in the Holley dash as an indicator)
  • Is there a limit to CAN connections between the 2?
  • If desired, can I datalog information from the smartwire with the Holley?
Thanks in advance for any help,
Eric

·
Registered
125 Posts
The newest Firmware for the smartwire allows to directly connect to the Holley CAN network, not Holleys Racepak network so i assume it no longer needs the special connector. There is some in this video from PRI about it:

No idea if it goes the other way though. Fairly sure the Holley wont be able to log the smartwire data but id love to be wrong

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. I have not seen that press release, good info there.

I will see if I can get in touch with Holley if the adapter is still needed or not. Would be awesome to be able to just wire the can directly. Only issue I would forsee is that V-net connector has more than I high and low CAN bus wire. If I find anything out I will post here incase anyone else is curious.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For anyone else wondering, I called the tech line. After a couple guys there had a conversation I found all the information I've been looking for between Dominator and Smartwire CAN communications. I'm updating this for anyone else wondering.

• Universal EFI module still required to connect the two together due to communications.
  • The CAN connection really only allows the Smartwire to see sensor data, and use that to toggle items on and off
  • Cannot send an I/O output to the Smartwire from the ECU to use as an input
  • Dominator cannot data log Smartwire data

1 - 4 of 4 Posts