Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some advise on who's trans and converter to go with. Looking for a glide, turbo input, t/brake. Engine is a 900hp LS1, 76mm turbo in a 2800Lb 300ZX. I am from Australia, so don't want something that will need repairs too often, just a freshen every once in a while. Have heard good things about Neal's and Abruzzi, anyone else to look at?

·
Drunk and Disorderly
2,251 Posts
Ya, I have to say Hutch as well. I have not bought anything from him yet but I have eard nothing but good about his stuff and service. I will be ordering a glide from him in the next few months.

·
Registered
893 Posts
most advice you get here will be good.my glide and converter are PTC. no problems at all and no better people to deal with.:D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hughes Performance, Phoenix, Arizona, 1-800-274-7223, ask for Bill and tell him "Migthy Mike" sent you. I have been using and selling Hughes Products for 18 years now. One of the best out there!

Mike....

·
Super Moderator
9,242 Posts
Hutch is the only guy I would have build my stuff. He has given me reliable transmissions and great tech support for several years.

I have run several converters. My new PTC converter has picked up my cars performance a bunch. They have also been great to deal with.

·
Registered
152 Posts
i would have to say abruzzi transmissions, never had a problem ...just look how many winning cars uses his products it speaks for itself...

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Hutch is the only guy I would have build my stuff. He has given me reliable transmissions and great tech support for several years.

I have run several converters. My new PTC converter has picked up my cars performance a bunch. They have also been great to deal with.
Couldn't have said it any better! Hutch is the man, he answers the phone and if not he always calls you back and he is the same guy building your trans. Plus the trans is built for you! Not just pullin one off the shelf.

·
Registered
357 Posts
look in your own state.and
at who builds what for who.and look in QLD street car,Nitro mag
LOCAL BUILDER,LOCAL SUPPORT.
CARS/DRAGSTERS-FROM 6.99 TO 11
REG, FATTGLIDES

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have been building transmissions for over 36 years in a depressed area of Ashtabula, Ohio, and it's all personal choice where you take your business. There are a lot of good builders out there in this field. I do not push myself onto anyone. I am just like anyone else in business, trying to make a living and to provide for my family. I'm a newbie here and want to share my opinion. After what I've seen on this site and the free Tech info given day after day and courtesy shown to the members here, I would recommend Hutch even though we are in the same business. I don't see the other mentioned builders giving away info for free to help others or trying to help the DIYs. Just my .02. With much respect; Burt

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I have been building transmissions for over 36 years in a depressed area of Ashtabula, Ohio, and it's all personal choice where you take your business. There are a lot of good builders out there in this field. I do not push myself onto anyone. I am just like anyone else in business, trying to make a living and to provide for my family. I'm a newbie here and want to share my opinion. After what I've seen on this site and the free Tech info given day after day and courtesy shown to the members here, I would recommend Hutch even though we are in the same business. I don't see the other mentioned builders giving away info for free to help others or trying to help the DIYs. Just my .02. With much respect; Burt
That's really cool Burt. You must be a stand up guy.:cool:

·
Registered
865 Posts
That's really cool Burt. You must be a stand up guy.:cool:
I'll vouch for that! He is a damn good guy! Runs home from the track to get parts if needed when you break them with your blown altered, works late into the night after your convertor breaks to make sure no shit went through the tranny, so you can go back on Sun. of your two day race, And builds a damn good tranny to boot!

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
Couldn't have said it any better! Hutch is the man, he answers the phone and if not he always calls you back and he is the same guy building your trans. Plus the trans is built for you! Not just pullin one off the shelf.
Yep. :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'll vouch for that! He is a damn good guy! Runs home from the track to get parts if needed when you break them with your blown altered, works late into the night after your convertor breaks to make sure no shit went through the tranny, so you can go back on Sun. of your two day race, And builds a damn good tranny to boot!
Thanks Steve! It's nice to be appreciated! Burt :smt039http://www.burtbrownracingtrans.com/asp/Pictures.php

1 - 20 of 23 Posts