Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
I have VFN doors, they don't fit for crap they are bowed & twisted and they won't deal with the problem or call me back. I've called 4 times, I was very friendly and easy goin on the phone with them and sent them pictures when they asked but..... They should not be this far off, I always expect to do some work to make them right but this is rediculous. I owe em a little bad press for them not dealing with it. Not to mention it took a little under 4 months to get em.

They won't get any more of my money ever!!

Both are twisted and sit out at the top front this one the worst.

Look at the bow in the bottom of the door.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have VFN doors, they don't fit for crap they are bowed & twisted and they won't deal with the problem or call me back. I've called 4 times, I was very friendly and easy goin on the phone with them and sent them pictures when they asked but..... They should not be this far off, I always expect to do some work to make them right but this is rediculous. I owe em a little bad press for them not dealing with it. Not to mention it took a little under 4 months to get em.

They won't get any more of my money ever!!

Both are twisted and sit out at the top front this one the worst.

Look at the bow in the bottom of the door.

I also bought a set of VFN doors for a Buick Regal and they fit like shit. Worst fiberglass I have ever seen. I would buy from Glastek or Harwood.

·
Banned
71,969 Posts
Stay away from VFN. I had a tube chassis Beretta (bought used) with steel top and quarters. The remaining panels were all VFN. The doors fit well BUT they waved back at you like you have no idea. Body man said there was nothing he could do except cut them both apart and add bracing to try and push out the four troughs in each door. We passed.

Go with Glastek. Some of the best fiberglass on the market.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Why dont you mention you bought the car WITHOUT any Doors, And Then Hung Your new Quarters panels Without having any doors on the car at all, then you ordered a set of fiberglass doors and they arent working for you, so you called
And We offered to exchange the doors and send you an inner and outer door panel seperately to install the outer on first and then glue the inner on. WE NEVER heard back from YOU!!!

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
This was the third atempt I made with you guys for help about the alignment problem. I was supposed to be called back each time and you never did so I am done. I don't want to go through shipping and boxing them up at my time and expense I would rather just make them work at this point. I have measured the car and it does not apear to be a problem. When I did the pass side the cage was in the car and was used as a reference at the front of the quarter. You did offer to send me two halves or trade my doors but I was just very turned off. First, by the amount of time it took to get the doors, twice the amount of time I was promised on a few occasions, it drug on and on and I had 2 custumers waiting on the other part of the order. You can only give people so many excuses. Second, the doors had an obvious bow to them along the bottom edge that I noticed upon delivery, that I called about twice (seperate from this alignment problem) and was told I would be called back and never was. And third, This last problem. I understand that these are fiberglass parts and they can move around after they are out of the mold and I was understanding. The part that I'm pissed about is being lied to a bunch of times about call backs and about the shipping date on my order. If you would have told me 4 months up front no problem but every time I called after they we're suposed to be shipped it was another excuse, Look it up. For me the problem is following through on your part. Add it all up and it's just too much for me to deal with, your customer service needs some serious work IMO. This ball has been dropped too many times.

Many people have been happy with you guys and haven't had problems but for me it's another story. I'm not saying nobody should give you guys any business, i'm just sharing my experience.

Todd

·
Registered
2 Posts
You Placed Your Order the first week Of February And at the time we were 6-8 weeks on orders since we were still moving to our new building. which was stated at the time of your order and you left the first week in April, which was 8 weeks, True you were very nice to deal with on the phone and We thought we would hear back from you with a decision on those seperate panels , we'd still like to make a happy customer out of you,
we can have those seperate panels done for you the end of this week you'll have them next week. Just Give me the word hopefully we can resolve your problem

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Your right on the dates but I'm pretty sure I was told 4-6 weeks not 6-8. I Know I had to send out an engine job for a very good customer without inner fenders because of the delay and had to put them in later. I was told a few times when I called they were going to ship and they didn't for this reason or that, it went on for a couple weeks. Whatever it's taken care of.

As far as the door problem, After the third call I spoke to you I guess and was told the owner was going to call me tuesday 2 weeks ago when he got back in town so we could figure it out and make a decision, he didn't. Every time I called, first about the bow problem and now the fitting problem, I'd guess 5 times total I was told I would be called back and never was. I was done.

I'm very happy with the quality of the VFN front end on my car, I bought if new from a guy that had to bail out of his project not directly from you guys. All your glass has been pretty smooth and wave free, better than others I've used. But the doors and the customer service I'm not happy with. I've heard some good things about you guys and maybe this is not the norm for you, bad set of doors, a few lost messages and some deadline problems because of your move or whatever but it all adds up to me not being happy. How much do you expect somebody to take with a smile on their face?

The doors are mine, I've already cut out the inside where the door panel goes and ground off the handle mounting pads. I'll have to make them work I guess.

I am still interested on your thoughts on making these things work. This car will be somewhat of a business card for me so it's got to be straight. Once I cut the inner panel out the door flexes and I can get the twist out and brace it with the door panel to keep it there I think. Will leaving the door in the sun release it's memory so it will stay that way or will it always want to go back? You can see the bow in the picture, it's much worse at the bottom of the door but also runs through the middle body line, the top is straight. Not shure what to do other than to cut a bunch of releifs in the bottom of the inner panel and glass it back straight?

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Just wanted to update that VFN did take care of my problem and went the extra mile to make shure I was happy in the end. I did not make Armondo aware when I finally did talk to him how frustrated I already was and what I had already been through to try and get it handled. He made up two new doors and left them apart so I could fit them perfect to the car no charge, Kudos for taking care of it!!

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Thats nice to see a company stand up and do the right thing!!! COOL! Hey could we get some more pics of the car with the doors on it? I curious how you attached them.
Don't have pics and won't have them all the way on for a while because I have to pull the body off first to finish welding everything first because the door hing mounts will be welded directly to the piller bars and come through the side of the cowl and I then couldn't get the body off. I'm distracted on a customers car right now. lol

But if you look around at the various chassis shops you can see how the hinge setup works. http://www.swracecars.com/store/Door-Hinge-Kit-OSCARItem_40=95-550.aspx These are the ones I am using, I like the one peice hinge plate they hold up better in the long run. Then you have to install some kind of latch as well, most people use a late model camaro type latch. And lexan windows of course..

I got the door hlaves pinned together and they fit really well and won't need much work to look great, nice stuff.

·
draggin' ass
13,414 Posts
Hey VFN Tech

Why is it everytime I call the number on the website, they put me on hold in silence for atleast 5 minutes? I dont mind waiting on hold but I have never been able to get through and I cant just sit there in silence and not know if I am even still connected. You need to upgrade your system. And by the way, the reason I am calling is to try to get a replica fiberglass dash for a s10 truck, do you have one?

·
Registered
15,979 Posts
I got a set of VFN doors and trunk for the Monte in the avatar.

I can tell you is it was a hell of a lot of work to install them, the Glasstek hood was a straight forward deal just bolt on the stock hardware ( sans stock spring of course ) and you were all set.

The VFN on the other hand appeared to have been designed to work in a one piece front end configuration ( that is they had a lip appoximatley 1/2" long at the front end of the door that I assume it for bonding to the fenders if you have a glass front end) this had to be cut off and the contour of the doors both front and rear adjusted to follow both the front fender and the quarter panel. Mine also had a slight dip simalar to the Camaro doors in the picture.

That said once the door's were fit properly and the hinge area reinforced they worked excellent considering how light they are, the design of the inner door skin and the way it is convex on 4 planes to the center allows for superior strength in such a light product.

I would suggest that VFN post some pictures or information on the door's to show what is needed to mount them in a stock replacement senario, or ideally offer a door contoured reinforced and ready to bolt in place of a stock door as an option at additional cost.

I had a friend who is an excellent body man and air tools at hand to install the doors so it was not that big a job but for a lot of people it would have been pretty intimidating to say the least.

Richard Gavle

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
While on subject how hard is it to mount the Glasstek doors (factory mounts) and install a VFN glass front clip? (I hear those fit good).

I am farily good at fiberglass work and a friend can weld for when it comes to the fasteners up front.

I am thinking about doing it myself and save a few grand.

Lexan on the doors and or all around pretty straight forward? Or leave it to someone thats done it a bunch?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts