Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, looking for anyone that has been to the track in Kearney Nebraska recently. Your opinions, good track bad track. Running an Outlaw 10.5 twin turbo car....

Thanks for the help :)

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Haven't been there since 92, seem to remember a good bump in the right lane ,and the Women had some of the best Biggins on the tour .:-D

·
Registered
584 Posts
www.krpi.com
Although I've never actually 'ran' there before, ..., it is a pretty popular local track.
Where ya coming from?

I'd hafta guess you may have some wheel spin issues with a TT car during the first weekend in November, ...
Nov 5-6 is their last weekend, dependent on good weather.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Been there a couple times running Super Gas at their National Opens. I know the traveling NHRA crew always had a heck of a time getting the track prepped. I know there is a nasty bump in the shutdown (asphalt to concrete). I think id keep my turbo 10.5 at home. JMHO

·
Registered
780 Posts
I was there running brackets two weeks ago. The shut down is plenty long but as stated "rough". Good people out there, as I was out there a few times due to our local 1/8 mile being under water. For what it's worth, the quickest door cars I've seen in the few times I've been there were a couple of TS cars running in the low to mid 7's at a big bucks race.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Its Our Local track, and Home of Several Current NHRA Stock and Super Stock National Records , Great People and Racer Owned, when we were last there (Oct.15&16th ) the track was holding really well if your thinking of coming on the 5th and 6th of November pay close attention to the weather forecast though as there could be a foot of snow on the ground. There are Several guys who run here who run into the high 7's and a couple who can get into the 6's at this altitude.
If you want PM me and I can answer any ?'s you might have.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I haven't been to a track that hasn't been marginal at one time or another...If you know suspension, you can get it done.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Kearney is a nice little down home track. They resurfaced it a couple years ago and it hooks as well as anywhere. Base altitude is 2100ish.

Shutdown and return roads are a little rough. Watch out going to staging. The pits are a "Y" shape and it is easy to have someone try to run into you coming off the return road.

Drove 700 miles in June to race there when it was 100* out.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,099 Posts
My best bud moved over to Friend, NE about 7 yrs ago. He's raced since high school locally here and he's ran Kearney 3 or 4 times since being out there....does'nt sound real good to be honest. He's only running 10's and he likes coming home since the DA's out there suck...i think the lowest he's reported when giving me updates on race day was 4400' and he's typically .5-.7 faster back here at home then over there.

As he always describes it "hilly billy, poe-dunk, better than nothing but not much, think my car hooks better on the road, good people, racers suck (when refering to R/T's and packages bracket racing, round money sucks, purses are the worst he's even ran for- which is why I never towed out there, 6hrs one way for $500...no thank you, I cant phathom towing to any race track for chump change even if it was across the street)

he has no reason to candy coat anything and when he brings back some of his new local buddies back here on big events, even they who know nothing about racing say the track is as back woods as they've ever seen...and they've only been to 2 or 3 other tracks with my buddy.

good luck

·
Registered
638 Posts
Several years ago I went there with my brother for a two day bracket race. The track was rough,it shook the fire exting. out of its bracket. We progressed to the last three cars,no-one had had a bye,a dragster got the Bye.He staged,the tree come down and he backed out and was given the win because it was a bye. He was cool and when we came up we were told to stage right now ,no cool down. We were warm ,my brother went red,we loaded up. We were told it was the track managers son in the digger. This is not the first time I've seen this stuff. Oh by the way the free BBQ was great. We never went back ,will never go back.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
i guess you guys would have REALLY liked it in the 70's.....;)
they had to mow the track before you could race....
sure had a lot of fun, though...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts