Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Pro Mod Professor
6,846 Posts
I like how he said adrl doesn't have a series sponsor and they are going to start charging sorry not happening. They aren't going to charge racers. I'm pretty positive.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Conspiracy theorists suggest NHRA is positioning themselves for a sell-off with last two board of directors,one from NASCAR marketing and the other a big time attorney.

Cohen is a partner in Morrison & Foerster LLP, a major national and international law firm. He heads the Corporate Finance Practice Group out of the firm’s Los Angeles office. He has been practicing law for more than 38 years and specializes in corporate, real estate, and other business transactions with a focus on mergers and acquisitions.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Kyle I dont disagree with you but think about this...

How can the ADRL stay a viable business if its losing money? Doesn't charge racers, doesn't charge fans, Splits parking with facility. With no sponsor money coming in how do they stay afloat?

·
In the Beams.
21,997 Posts
Kyle I dont disagree with you but think about this...

How can the ADRL stay a viable business if its losing money? Doesn't charge racers, doesn't charge fans, Splits parking with facility. With no sponsor money coming in how do they stay afloat?
It's called Al-Anabi.... more money than god !!

And thank goodness, Hope fully a sponsor will come for ADRL. At least they have no plans to shorten their races to 500 ft.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
"Just Wondering …Will the outrage of some NHRA sportsman racers regarding the increase in entry fees translate to fewer entries in 2011?
The net result will be a continuation of the trend of fewer and fewer sportsman entries at NHRA national events."

To me it has seemed they haven't much cared about the sportsman classes anyway..
almost like they are a burden and wish they'd just go away..

you know..the thnking that goes like..:
"The beatings shall continue until morale improves"

·
Bring on the Metal!!
9,483 Posts
The NHRA is a joke. They own several drag strips and one being Gainesville Raceway. Over the course of the last several years that track has been host to fewer and fewer events. I believe they host one or two larger scale events outside of the NHRA's road shows. It's no secret that they(NHRA) have been losing money over the years so why wouldn't they want those tracks they own hosting events so to help make money?? I haven't been to a GatorNats in 2 years and won't ever attend another one till they get their heads our of their asses. Burk is just telling it like he see's it.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
It's called Al-Anabi.... more money than god !!

And thank goodness, Hope fully a sponsor will come for ADRL. At least they have no plans to shorten their races to 500 ft.
I dont disagree with you either. BUT...

The shiek doesn't like for his businesses to lose money. His own personal pragram and the teams he sponsors is a hobby. The ADRL is his business. It HAS to make money.

I bet in the next year or two if something doesn't change the ADRL as we know it WILL go away....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts