Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
THE COME HAS COME.!!!!!!!
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who would love for this 2 go down at carolina dragway the best nos man and the best turbo guy. on the best track in the south .would be 1 hell of a race

·
Registered
517 Posts
That would be awesome... what a race. I have met Tim in person, one of the nicest guys around for sure. BG I haven't met.... yet, but I have alot of respect for the man, it would be a crowd pleaser for sure.

·
aka OutlawChick
17,070 Posts
They have "raced" each other several times actually...

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
glidden in a prostock car with 10.5's...Against Lynch in a 3000lb car on 10.5's is apples to oranges I am affraid. 1/4 mile my money would be on Lynch though.
billy all the way in th 1/8 for sure but its a toss up for 1/4

·
Registered
969 Posts
lynch has ran almost as fast as glidden extreme 10.5 car in the 1/8th and im sure hes faster in the 1/4

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,652 Posts
glidden has been 4.22 and lynch is 4.31

in the 1/4 i think it would be a damn close race

as for apples to oranges..not really..won car is twin turbo bbf at 3000#s and the other is a single carb small cube small block ford at like 2250 or 2300#

it would make for a killer race

·
aka OutlawChick
17,070 Posts
a tenth in the 1/8 is quite a bit much

·
Registered
12,031 Posts
Seems like it would be near heads up in the 1/4 with Lynch clocking 210+ through the traps and Glidden running near the same ET but at 198-202 mph.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Isn't Bill switching to one of Bob's old 500in motors they had laying around the shop.....?

That with spray....and adding a touch of weight....?

·
LOVING LIFE
6,246 Posts
glidden has been 4.22 and lynch is 4.31

in the 1/4 i think it would be a damn close race

as for apples to oranges..not really..won car is twin turbo bbf at 3000#s and the other is a single carb small cube small block ford at like 2250 or 2300#

it would make for a killer race

The chassis design. and composite componets as well as the firewall and front end make it apples to oranges.. Not the mention the extra 8-900 lbs..

·
Spiritual Gynocologist
80,189 Posts
Glidden would want a weight break.

·
LOVING LIFE
6,246 Posts
and not saying that what Billy is doing is not impressive because by all means it is obviously. He is a master at what he does. But I dont think its a fair set up.. Of course I dont see anyone else doing it either so it may be more fair than I think..

·
Registered
304 Posts
Though I am not a BillG nut-hugger (though I have nothing bad to say about him) I do think this race would be fair.

Glidden in a PS GTO with 499ci of Glidden power on spray
Lynch/Petty with their larger BB and turbos w/ a bit more weight

On any given day......

Anyone can win. Billy wasn't supposed to be the hitter he is in ADRL with the small-block and he is covering cars with almost x2 cubic inches and a LOT more money. Bill and Shannon do it out of their shop and not a whole company and cast behind them (other than the Bullet).

I think it'd be fair and one the fans would want to see. I'd run them 1/8th and take the show on the road to tracks everywhere. Show the community that one combo or another isn't 'THE' was to go and you can still do your own thing and be competitive (though perhaps not in the same league as these folks).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts