Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
15,599 Posts
As far as the Wise Guys go, it was Chuck Weck and Bob orsolini in the final. Bob redlighted and Chuck hit the wall. I'm not sure as to who was left in the staging lanes. After our final, a call was made to the tower that there was to be no more running for the evening. Good call by the owners of GLD! Our final was not until 11:30 and the air was cold and the track was loose. Thank God Chuck was ok. It seems to be only cosmetic damage. The initial radio call to the line was that he hit the header and scraped some paint, but he was fine. When they came back to the trailer, the rear 1/4 was on the golf cart and there was a dent and a scrape on the tail. After looking at it, it looked like some rust had fallen off, LOL!!! Chuck is amazing as he was smiling and in good spirits. I on the other hand was hysterical at the line. From what we could see, it didnt look good. As I have stated before and I'll say it again... Chuck can drive like it's no body's business!!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
As far as the Wise Guys go, it was Chuck Weck and Bob orsolini in the final. Bob redlighted and Chuck hit the wall. I'm not sure as to who was left in the staging lanes. After our final, a call was made to the tower that there was to be no more running for the evening. Good call by the owners of GLD! Our final was not until 11:30 and the air was cold and the track was loose. Thank God Chuck was ok. It seems to be only cosmetic damage. The initial radio call to the line was that he hit the header and scraped some paint, but he was fine. When they came back to the trailer, the rear 1/4 was on the golf cart and there was a dent and a scrape on the tail. After looking at it, it looked like some rust had fallen off, LOL!!! Chuck is amazing as he was smiling and in good spirits. I on the other hand was hysterical at the line. From what we could see, it didnt look good. As I have stated before and I'll say it again... Chuck can drive like it's no body's business!!!

Hi Lynn

rubbing is racing:rolleyes:

according to Pete, Randy and Dominic, I win...

just pissed cause the Stude was on a rip that pass till it jumped out of the groove...

just cosmetics, the quarters, roof and tail release with dzus fasteners so we just popped it off...were debating whether to paint it or leave it alone for more character

sorry I scared you

·
Registered
122 Posts
Chucks stude is the coolest car there IMO. And the fastest of the night. Sad to see the crash but good to hear its not too bad....

·
Registered
15,599 Posts
just pissed cause the Stude was on a rip that pass till it jumped out of the groove...

Oh yeah it was! WOW!!! I can't wait 'till Labor Day weekend....
I feel some record breakers commin' on!

I'm very glad you were ok, that's all that matters, but that's a hell of a way to win

·
Im a Pro at being Amateur
9,638 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
unless i am incorrect, according the "first or worst" rule,, the larger infraction loses, hittin the wall is out of bounds, so the red lite wins

·
Im a Pro at being Amateur
9,638 Posts
hey, do I get extra points for best save:)

you might have to battle the true street car that broke the spindle completely off the car riding on the a-arm....and managed to not hit the wall

·
Registered
430 Posts
unless i am incorrect, according the "first or worst" rule,, the larger infraction loses, hittin the wall is out of bounds, so the red lite wins
Hi Jerry

a)it's not a national event
b)the track management made the call, I would have been ok with either decision, I told Pete that
c)after the call was made I offered to split win earnings with Orsolini's, they declined
d)there is no points implication to the decision just pride and a few dollars
e)maybe Pete should apply ALL the nhra rules including an nhra style points program where points are awarded for speed and et records, low qualifier and elimination rounds

you're obviously a more knowledgeable racer than me, what advice would you offer me given the circumstances?

·
Registered
15,599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by greek

Hi Jerry

a)it's not a national event
b)the track management made the call, I would have been ok with either decision, I told Pete that
c)after the call was made I offered to split win earnings with Orsolini's, they declined
d)there is no points implication to the decision just pride and a few dollars
e)maybe Pete should apply ALL the nhra rules including an nhra style points program where points are awarded for speed and et records, low qualifier and elimination rounds

you're obviously a more knowledgeable racer than me, what advice would you offer me given the circumstances?
I have no clue, as I am not rule specific on this, I just have my own opinions. If the call was made, thats the way it stands for this last race. That's all I know.

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
WOAH!
Chuck, like it was said. GENERALLY its first or worst.
BUT
CWG does not apply ALL the NHRA rules.
So that means it goes to the track officials to make the call, which as you pointed out. Dom and Randy said you get the Win, end of story.
Plus, their are no points implications. Just the dollars, and you offering to split it with the Orsolinis is about as stand up as it gets.
That is all on that topic.

On another note- I think the scrape will buff out! haha

1 - 20 of 54 Posts