Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
I need a cape...
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pic is Bob because he ruled that class for the longest time...and to this date he still has the highest winning percentage in a single season.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
glidden but anderson i close. anderson also has a budget every year that is the same for glidden for all those years.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Bob Glidden for a number of reasons, the biggest being he was a single car, basically family run, race operation unlike most of todays heros. RM

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Bob Glidden's career was before my time, but I'd say he takes the taco...if only because he made it through more wild rule changing than anybody, and came out on top.

·
Banned
69,762 Posts
OK, lets ask this question assuming the Glidden's aren't members of YB.:smt082

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Bad Bob Glidden by far!!! Undefeated in I think 1979 in the Fairmount.... Bob, Etta, Billy and Rusty, what a team!!!!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Bob Glidden...He was the man to beat in his Fairmont, he retired the car Undefeated...

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I have been a Bob Glidden fan since I learned about cars.

Many championships (10)
Over 80 wins
In house built motors
No major Sponsorship
No factory backing

Greg Anderson

6 Championships ?
50 + wins
Major $$$$ from Ken Black
Major $$$$ from Summit Racing
Major support from GM (windtunnel, engine blocks, etc.)
(2) Car team

Each did and do what they can with what they have. GA had a awesome up bringing working for the Johnson's. Built his engine program with technology from Nascar, used all at his disposal to be successful.

Bob Glidden did it all by himself with only his family and friends in the industry to be successful.

Bob Glidden, gave credit to racers that beat him and was humble during every interview I ever seen.

Greg Anderson is a little bitch when he gets beat and never gives credit for being beat (we didn't do our job, we made a mistake, bla bla bla)

Bob Glidden gets my vote for being who he is and doing great things with little fan fair.

I am 40 years old and been a Glidden fan way before Monty started YB. just my 2 cents worth.

Jim

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Bob Glidden was before my time also, but I've heard that he had more of an ET advantage on the rest of the field. These days a few hundredths is a big advantage, but I've heard BG had a tenth sometimes.

Edit: a few hundredths is dominating today, but a tenth would pretty much be a massacre IMO.

·
T/S 368E
33,647 Posts
OK, lets ask this question assuming the Glidden's aren't members of YB.:smt082

Don't really like either one, so from someone that is impartial, the record speaks for itself. Bob had an unbelievable run going.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Bob Glidden.......

( even was world camp in a mopar in the middle of his stellar career)
I think I remember him behind the wheel of a Chevy Mozna at one time also, "What was up with that ?"

1 - 20 of 104 Posts