Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Confused Racer
42,012 Posts
hows the driving average more than the top speed?? not to mention can a esprit really go 100mph??? :p

·
waiting to make a pass!
18,370 Posts
hows the driving average more than the top speed?? not to mention can a esprit really go 100mph??? :p
Off a cliff, with additional weight added, King kong pushing.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry. Won't happen again!
Damn-- I forgot you borrowed my keys at the last race-- you said you just want to borrow my phone charger !!!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
You would be surprised what a few mods can do.

3.5 L V8 w/ twin turbos @ 17 lbs boost and methanol injection-- weighs 2980lbs

dyno said 420 to the rear wheels-- so I'm guessing 450-475 @ flywheel ??

Did make a pass with it one day test at Rockingham--
drove off the line like a normal in town stop light-- (4 hrs from home and Esprit gearbox are know to be the weak link)
ran 2.02 60 ft, but did run 12.99 @124 MPH.

I have since upgraded the gearbox, and you can abuse it w/ no worries--- just have to get Puddin' to drive it and I thinkit could get in the low 12's maybe high 11's ???????

But the handling is why I like it.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,632 Posts
JUST CURIOUS ...WHAT DOES ONE OF THOSE LITTLE BUGGERS COST?....IF YOU DON'T MIND ME ASKING

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
I have rode in Shannons Esprit...Believe me, it will go 100!

But does need a better transaxle.

Post a pic of the car

·
Bracket racer
5,194 Posts
The Esprit V8 turbos are pretty bad ass. I used to work for Lotus. Worked on a few with some decent mods. Aftermarket turbos, Air to water intercoolers, boost controller. They move out. Have a pretty bad ass exhaust note too out of such a small v8.

·
ROLL TIDE!!!!
20,992 Posts
The razz smiley needs work anyway. If you can't tell what it is by looking at it, what's the point?!

Shannon, I think we can sneak that thing into the rental car race next weekend. I know people. ;)

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
The razz smiley needs work anyway. If you can't tell what it is by looking at it, what's the point?!

Shannon, I think we can sneak that thing into the rental car race next weekend. I know people. ;)
Well, it is actually a company car, so i guess I could rent it to you.
Not not sure you could handle the RAW power of that beast!;)

·
Aviation Section
25,981 Posts
311 mph?
lucas, prince of darkness....
Exactly, turn the box of any Lucas component over and in small print it says: "be home before dark!" Dave

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
311 mph?
lucas, prince of darkness....
Actually it's Alpine

The later models don't have any Lucas elec.
The 2003 esprit is actually a pretty nice car.

I have put 30,000 miles on it since I bought it in '06, 20,000 the first 2 years. Has not let me down yet.;)

·
Registered
13,185 Posts
Any of you guys heard of a Lotus Carlton? Sold here in 1987 (UK) GM assigned lotus to work on the -6 24v engine, so the motor was stroked a little from 3.0L to around 3.2 I think--+ 2 turbos!!! Fastest 4dr production car on this planet, 175mph and 360hp in 1987!!

Theres a couple of these 4dr taxis for sale at present on the "bay" over here, ones £13,000 ones £30,000!!!.....as per usual though, fkn rubbish electronics

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Any of you guys heard of a Lotus Carlton? Sold here in 1987 (UK) GM assigned lotus to work on the -6 24v engine, so the motor was stroked a little from 3.0L to around 3.2 I think--+ 2 turbos!!! Fastest 4dr production car on this planet, 175mph and 360hp in 1987!!

Theres a couple of these 4dr taxis for sale at present on the "bay" over here, ones £13,000 ones £30,000!!!.....as per usual though, fkn rubbish electronics
I have heard of the Carlton, never seen one- any pics?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts