Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys ever see cars at your local tracks that don't have all the lug nuts? I can't tell you how many cars owned by select groups that don't have all the lug nuts down this way...

At first I thought it was a 5 lug thing, 4 would be installed. Perhaps not all packages have 5 so 4 packs of 4 get installed. But just last night I saw the typical Weld 4 lug setup on a car that only had 3 lugs per wheel many of which were different style or brands. It baffles me that people are so damn cheap they can't put lug nuts on every wheel. I should start taking pictures.. might help answer this better. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
i remember late night testing on the south side of chicago and 1 guy was named four lug just because every car he had only had 4 lugs on the wheels

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
It's only the manufacturer's OPINION that five lug nuts are needed.
The factory used 4 lug wheels on small street tire cars with low performance power plants and that would probably be based on some testing not just some guys opinion. 4 lugs work for that but for a hi powered car with high traction tires 4 lugs seems silly and factory cars used 5 lugs for those. I have seen several fast fox body cars with 4 lugs run in the high 4 second range and it amazed me they got thru tech. I sheared 5 lug wheel studs with much slower cars.

·
Registered
788 Posts
maybe they are on the light weight program????

Unfortunately I was born with a few loose lugnuts, but luckily all of my vehicles have complete matching sets!

lol

·
Registered
635 Posts
That, or using those cheap nuts that only have the threads in the shank.

It's only the wheels, the tire is what holds that car up anyway. lol

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The factory used 4 lug wheels on small street tire cars with low performance power plants and that would probably be based on some testing not just some guys opinion. 4 lugs work for that but for a hi powered car with high traction tires 4 lugs seems silly and factory cars used 5 lugs for those. I have seen several fast fox body cars with 4 lugs run in the high 4 second range and it amazed me they got thru tech. I sheared 5 lug wheel studs with much slower cars.

Did you understand the first post? :confused:

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I was joking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts