Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Beer makes me pee
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really do enjoy live music and a lot of the old bands are touring but who can afford the tickets anymore? Santana is coming to Houston so I checked the prices. Good lord $189 for cheap seats? $275 for decent seats plus fees And that is in the back of the venue. And I thought racing was expensive.

·
43,222 Posts
My daughter and I are going to see Kenny Chesney tonight...

Back story to it is...Me and her mother took her to see Kenny when she was three(she loved him)...Her mom passed away 8 months later, so it became a memorial thing for us to go see him when we can...Been almost 18 years since that first time, and it'll be emotional tonight like always.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
F that noise...

I have no desire to be around that many people, in close quarters, at any price.... even it it was free.

mardyn

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Yes. Went to Garth Brooks opening concert for his Stadium Tour in St. Louis. We usually hit 2-3 a year maybe. They are getting harder to get to on week nights now with our busy schedule.

·
Registered
20,775 Posts
Blue Oyster Cult/Black Sabbath/Moody Blues/ZZ Top/Heart/Van Halen/J geils/Bruce Springstein/Kenny Chesney/Steve Miller/Dierks Bently/Brothers Osborne/Ted Nugent/BTO/Johnny Cash/Scorpions/David Leee Roth/Sammy Hagar/Fastway/Peter Frampton/Till Tuesday/Journey/Kiss/U2/

One I wish I never wasted the money on Guns-N-Roses!!!! "Sweet Child Of Mine" was great the first million times I heard it

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I really do enjoy live music and a lot of the old bands are touring but who can afford the tickets anymore? Santana is coming to Houston so I checked the prices. Good lord $189 for cheap seats? $275 for decent seats plus fees And that is in the back of the venue. And I thought racing was expensive.
Since most artists can't sell their music anymore (record sales) they have to get what they can get from concert sales and merchandise. They are only going to get what their audience is willing to pay so when the tickets go way up and economy gets shitty prices will fall. But if an artist is selling out stadiums for 2-500 plus a ticket prices will be high. I don't go to many "big bill" concerts unless it's someone I really want to see. Otherwise I'd rather go to clubs and theaters and see a band, better sound, sight, etc. Even then I've paid over 150 for a ticket but I don't go often enough for it to be a big deal.

·
Registered
38,760 Posts
My wife and I go to a couple every year.

Club Box or Luxury Suite seats, VIP parking, private club in the building, etc. Perks of having a full season ticket package for the hockey team in the building. Access to these type of accounts.

Only way to go ... separated from the great unwashed masses in the cheap seats and limited bullshit. VIP parking I'm out of the parking lot before 90% of the folks are out of the building.

The older I get the less patience I have for nonsense and idiocy.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
where did he play? Saw him at Gillette twice
Kenny played a stadium tour and played where the steelers play in Pittsburgh. they have an open side of the stadium that opens to the river. Tons of huge boats partying on the river listening. Pretty cool. Im gonna do the same with Garth Brooks this year.

I cant, or maybe don't want to pay to go watch a band/performer and Im a huge music guy. Give me a pandora and a cigar with some beer in my backyard and I'll save the 500-700 dollars.

·
Wannabe Racer
6,701 Posts
Yes - Chesney, Church and a few others. Think I am going to get some tix to Billy Joel at Madison Square Garden.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Went to a small venue with the wife to see Steve Earl last fall, pretty much discovered was standing room only once we got there and way to many drunk people bumping into us for my liking, had to start pushing drunks telling them to fuck off that were leaning on us squishing the wife, by the end wanted to punch everyone in the face, never again at that place that’s for sure.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,170 Posts
DEPENDS ON IF THERES FREE BEER OR NOT

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
The wife and I saw Metallica a few months ago only because she had never seen them. I paid WAY too much for good seats but she had a great time so it was worth it. I do think my concert days are over though.

Dennis

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
Yeah that's not going to a concert. Looks to me like listening to garbled music half a mile from the stage through a little opening in the building
couldn't see shit. They pointed speakers to the water so I heard what the people inside heard.
Tickets were 200.(x2). parking 40 bucks. beers for the parking lot(50 bucks) Couple beers inside(100 bucks). standing all night with a bunch of fucktards

Or
Bring the owner of the boat kettle one(40 dollars) and 50 dollars in beer and sit on a boat and not see the stage.

I know which I'll pick every day off the week.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts