Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Hit Em In Da Mouf Racing
15,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get some ideas on the timing cover most of you guys use with gear drives ! Thanks !

·
Senior Moment
9,664 Posts
I'm trying to get some ideas on the timing cover most of you guys use with gear drives ! Thanks !
I run a stock cover on the 454,,,TLW

·
Registered
15,980 Posts
I ran one years ago. Stock cover

·
Hit Em In Da Mouf Racing
15,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was under the impression I need an aluminum cover !

·
Hit Em In Da Mouf Racing
15,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm having issues setting up my clearance with the aluminum cover ! I figured the stock style chrome cover would flex too much , I'm running a solid roller ! Any opinions would be greatly appreciated !

·
Hit Em In Da Mouf Racing
15,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Noisy Pete !

·
Hit Em In Da Mouf Racing
15,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey ,no jokes , serious shit !

·
Senior Moment
9,664 Posts
I'm having issues setting up my clearance with the aluminum cover ! I figured the stock style chrome cover would flex too much , I'm running a solid roller ! Any opinions would be greatly appreciated !
First stay away from the chrome ones..they leak!

Is your cam all the way back? That would be the first thing to check,,,TLW

·
Registered
764 Posts
i have a summers bros and am making a aluminum cover fit and its been a nightmare.I have added weld to it and ground a bunch off the cover and i still have to cut a part of the face off and plate it..:-damnit

·
Hit Em In Da Mouf Racing
15,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i have a summers bros and am making a aluminum cover fit and its been a nightmare.I have added weld to it and ground a bunch off the cover and i still have to cut a part of the face off and plate it..:-damnit
What mods can I make to the cam button ?

·
Registered
764 Posts
the cam button u can use most of. i woulduse a roller style.

·
Hit Em In Da Mouf Racing
15,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the cam button u can use most of. i woulduse a roller style.
It's roller ,can I take out some washers or something ?

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
got a Pete Jackson on the front of my 468 (spare motor) and use a stock front cover. I've also tried a chrome cover and like someone else said here that sumbitch leaked like a siv! couldn't get to quit leaking for nothing. stock one works bitchin! Now i got the same gear drive on my gen.v block under an aluminum cover and didn't have any issues at all. they make a short and a long bearing type button,make sure you have the rite combination. dont remove any washers!

·
Hit Em In Da Mouf Racing
15,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
got a Pete Jackson on the front of my 468 (spare motor) and use a stock front cover. I've also tried a chrome cover and like someone else said here that sumbitch leaked like a siv! couldn't get to quit leaking for nothing. stock one works bitchin! Now i got the same gear drive on my gen.v block under an aluminum cover and didn't have any issues at all. they make a short and a long bearing type button,make sure you have the rite combination. dont remove any washers!
Cool , thanks , where can I get these different lengths buttons at ?

·
Registered
872 Posts
Ran a P/J for years W/ a chome cover never a prob. clean it good, use 3m weather strip adhiesive to glue the gasket to the cover and silicone to the block. Make a plate off the two lower rear cover bolts of the water pump with a stud and nut in the center to push against the timing cover to adjust cam endplay. You do have to use a front cam button for this to work.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts