Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't heard back yet from paxton on a ball park price on a rebuild.
My bearings are starting to go out after 20k miles of use over the last 7 years. I see rebuild kits all over the web, but have never rebuilt a S/C. I rather have someone with the proper tools and knowledge take this on. Any good shops in the Southeast of the US that do rebuilds?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Haven't heard back yet from paxton on a ball park price on a rebuild.
My bearings are starting to go out after 20k miles of use over the last 7 years. I see rebuild kits all over the web, but have never rebuilt a S/C. I rather have someone with the proper tools and knowledge take this on. Any good shops in the Southeast of the US that do rebuilds?
It depends on which Novi 2000,there have been a few changes and some older units Paxton won't rebuild anymore,Id call them and give them your serial number and see what they say,they will give you a credit towards a new unit if yours falls in this category

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will give them a call Monday. I tried to find info online with the serial number but couldn't find jack squat.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Call kurgan ,he can get you pricing and set everything up for you to rebuild it,prolly save u a few dollars also

·
ALL OUT
1,931 Posts
What is the serial number on the unit and are there any imperfections to the volute or impeller? Blower still working fine and you just want to refresh it?

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,205 Posts
VORTECH OWNS PAXTON NOW...DON'T THEY?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is the serial number on the unit and are there any imperfections to the volute or impeller? Blower still working fine and you just want to refresh it?
Serial number is 07085
The volute doesn't look to have any rub marks from a touch down. The impeller has 2 small scratches on the middle of the blades like something small hit it. The edges of the blades look to have no imperfections. Do you have a idea how old the head unit is by that serial number? I can spin the impeller pretty easy and have no noise on that end. If I spin the front side of the s/c I can hear what sounds like the front bearing making a good bit of noise. On top of not spinning as smooth or easy as the impeller.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts