Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Former RJ instigator
42,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't throw out that pickle juice, use it to marinate chicken breast(s), marinate for 3-4 hours, it's chickfil~a's secret to juicy flavor chicken sandwiches.

After marinating, dry the breasts off completely and split in half, pound them out with a meat hammer till flat, if the breasts are big enough, you can split them again and make four patties.

I've been using this for coating my chicken lately, good stuff.
This stuff is what they call spicy/seasoned batter mix, so keep that in mind, I, myself don't find it all that spicy but my wife does, hell I doused my breast with red label slap ya mama seasonings and it still wasn't hot enough to my liking.

Measure out 5 TBS of the mix with 1/2 cup water and make a batter, dip breasts in the batter, then coat in the remaining mix, allow batter to soak in a few minutes then deep fry as usual, remove when you get an internal temp reading of 165-170.

This is my copy cat Chikfil~a deluxe chicken club with home cut fries using Denny's doubly fry method, which is always a hit.

·
Registered
9,892 Posts
I have a "CopyCat" recipe for Chik-Fil-A,,Did the pickle brine overnight,,made the batter the way it said,,It called for adding Powdered Sugar ,,I did it and had to peel it off,,WAY too Sweet for me.

I think the sugar in the batter may be the reason for it's popularity.

Chik-Fil-A is at the bottom of Fast Foods for me,,

·
Former RJ instigator
42,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a "CopyCat" recipe for Chik-Fil-A,,Did the pickle brine overnight,,made the batter the way it said,,It called for adding Powdered Sugar ,,I did it and had to peel it off,,WAY too Sweet for me.

I think the sugar in the batter may be the reason for it's popularity.

Chik-Fil-A is at the bottom of Fast Foods for me,,
I've only ate @ Chikfil~a couple times and now that you mention it, I did notice a slight sweetness to the batter, I really didn't care for it either, the Louisiana chicken fry is far superior IMO.

·
Registered
9,892 Posts
I Love DARK Meat Chicken,,,if I never ate another breast, I couldn't be happier.

Some recipes only work with white meat.

·
Former RJ instigator
42,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I Love DARK Meat Chicken,,,if I never ate another breast, I couldn't be happier.

Some recipes only work with white meat.
Rick, I prefer dark meat when it comes to bone in fried chicken but when it comes to a chicken sandwich white breast meat is pretty much your only/best option.

·
Registered
11,162 Posts
Rick, I prefer dark meat when it comes to bone in fried chicken but when it comes to a chicken sandwich white breast meat is pretty much your only/best option.
I like fried boneless thighs every now and again......soak them in buttermilk and use a mix of house Autry spicy breader and white cornmeal, salt,pepper,onion powder.

It doesn't bite through quite as good as the breast does but the flavor makes up for it, toasted onion roll,Cajun mayo,muenster cheese, chopped lettuce and tomato....some of that pepper sauce you make would be great on it I bet.

Bone in fried chicken and it's dark meat by a mile for me.....

·
Registered
10,244 Posts
I like Chik-fil-a, they are pro leo, christian, etc....I did get kind of tired of the lady going around all the time if we wanted mints all the time, that was only my complaint. I still go back often, it's a friendly place and I bet a few folks are "packing" if something happens.

·
Former RJ instigator
42,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like fried boneless thighs every now and again......soak them in buttermilk and use a mix of house Autry spicy breader and white cornmeal, salt,pepper,onion powder.

It doesn't bite through quite as good as the breast does but the flavor makes up for it, toasted onion roll,Cajun mayo,muenster cheese, chopped lettuce and tomato....some of that pepper sauce you make would be great on it I bet.

Bone in fried chicken and it's dark meat by a mile for me.....
I might have to give the boneless thigh meat a try, I do use boneless thigh meat for chicken stir fry or bacon wrapped chicken on the grill, you're just full of good ideas HH.:cool:

·
Registered
11,162 Posts
I might have to give the boneless thigh meat a try, I do use boneless thigh meat for chicken stir fry or bacon wrapped chicken on the grill, you're just full of good ideas HH.:cool:
I've been told I'm full of .........good ideas lol.....thanks.

My wife and kids like the thighs with the skin off, still buy it with skin on, remove the skin from the chicken , season it up and deep fry them into cracklin.

Unhealthy as hell, but also tasty as.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts