Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Vendor
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for the micro switch on the handle that I have seen guys holding in their cars and dropping on the launch?

·
Vendor
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YEP! Just wanted to try something different.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Anyone know where to find a fibre optic trans brake system? My buddy had one but a wire broke on it and we don't remember who made or sold it. RM

·
Vendor
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i am pretty sure dedenbear has what u are looking for-

Thanks

Nick--
Yeah checked them, TCI, B&M, Hurst...................

·
time to go racing yet ?
35,746 Posts
sounds like your talking about the trans trigger .... i dont got pics of it but do a search on drag race results.com and you will find the info

·
aka Nova Joe
2,891 Posts
Using a button like that and holding it like a grenade will provide some slow and inconsistent reaction times. Get a good Biondo/Dedenbear button that you can adjust so the button has almost no movement until it releases, and mount it somewhere when you can comfortably use your index finger fully extended, or even your thumb will work fine. Personally, I'd mount it on the side of the shifter, but if you like the steering wheel that's fine too. Whatever finger you use, fully extend it, depress the button, and snap your whole arm back keeping your finger/wrist stiff. Sit in the stands and watch Super Pro Dragsters for a few minutes, they ALL leave the line like this...And it's no coincidence. A quick button with a quick release method (using no finger muscles) is going to give you the quickest possible reaction time. It's not easy to hit a .400 pro tree with a small tire stock suspension car, but I'll put it this way. If you do this and STILL can't hit the tree, one of two things are wrong.

1) You need to quicken your rollout, and you can do so by pumping up your front tires, utilizing shorter front tires, tightening up front end limiters for less travel, pumping up your rear tires, raising leave RPM, staging a little deeper by giving the brake pedal 1 or 2 more CONSISTENT bumps after turning on the stage bulb, etc.

2) You suck.

Take it from a bracket racer...:p

·
Registered
425 Posts
Using a button like that and holding it like a grenade will provide some slow and inconsistent reaction times. Get a good Biondo/Dedenbear button that you can adjust so the button has almost no movement until it releases, and mount it somewhere when you can comfortably use your index finger fully extended, or even your thumb will work fine. Personally, I'd mount it on the side of the shifter, but if you like the steering wheel that's fine too. A quick button with a quick release method (using no finger muscles) is going to give you the quickest possible reaction time. It's not easy to hit a .400 pro tree with a small tire stock suspension car, but I'll put it this way. If you do this and STILL can't hit the tree, one of two things are wrong.

1) You need to quicken your rollout, and you can do so by pumping up your front tires, utilizing shorter front tires, tightening up front end limiters for less travel, pumping up your rear tires, raising leave RPM, staging a little deeper by giving the brake pedal 1 or 2 more CONSISTENT bumps after turning on the stage bulb, etc.

2) You suck.

Take it from a bracket racer...:p

Dude, that's more than two things.

·
Registered
469 Posts
If you are bracket racing on a pro tree, things like rollout (tire diameter, air pressure, front-end stagger) are important.

If you're racing in a wide-open situation, it really doesn't matter. Any improvement to your reaction time via rollout will result in an equal trade-off with elapsed time. For instance, if decreasing rollout improves your reaction times from .050 to .020, you will also see your elapsed times go from 10.50 to 10.53 (.03 improvement in reaction time and .03 slower e.t.).

I agree that if you're stuggling to get a light, a hand-held button is not the way to go. Get an adjustable micro switch, mount it solidly, and rip your hand off the button.

·
Vendor
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I can feel the love and support.:smt078We are running heads up .400 pro tree. I was PM'd a link to the trans trigger and am reading up on it. My button is on my steering wheel on the left side so I have a hand on the wheel and one on the shifter. I was told yesterday, and I do, not to wrap your fingers around the wheel and thumb the switch. I have seen the bracket guys with their hands flying back off their buttons. Mine is a biondo and is adjustable and it is maxed out. My 26" front runners are at 42 pounds and my little drag radials are at what they need to be to keep from spinning. I have about 2" of front end travel right now but I am thinking the technique is a little off.

So you don't like that brake handle pictured from Dynamic?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts