Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can use anyone’s help identifying who makes this crankshaft. I bought an engine and completely dissembled it to check everything out. I was told it had a billet crank and that it was either a Bryant or Crower but am unable to verify this off the part numbers. I do know this piece is about 10 years old and have called both companies with no success. It is a 3.750 stroke SBF Thanks for any/all help

Attachments

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
No center counter weights. A billet would have. Heavy metal and then drilled in counter weights. Balanced more than once. Maybe went from steel to aluminum rods?

·
Registered
127 Posts
The additional photos verify how pathetic the balance work is. Not a Crower or Bryant, I am almost sure it's not Chinese. Possibly Moldex?

·
Long Live The King
100,872 Posts
No center counter weights. A billet would have. Heavy metal and then drilled in counter weights. Balanced more than once. Maybe went from steel to aluminum rods?
Not necessarily it depends on the application.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Might be a Howards Promax. The forgings came from the old Louisville Forge. At one time Velasco made some from the same forgings as well.

I have one in my SBC and its very similar in appearance as far as the finish work.... Great crank but nothing on the level of a Bryant or Winberg or Crower billet.
Will

1 - 20 of 21 Posts