Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking of isky tool steel i heard sprint cars run them for 2-3 years .or manley.any suggestions.

·
Registered
415 Posts

·
MFI on CH3OH
14,335 Posts
PAC

·
Registered
231 Posts
I run Isky tool room springs. I drive the shit out of the car on the street and I shift it at 8000. I have had no problem with the in the last 2 years.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I prefer to use PSI, they make some super endurance springs. If you are looking for some to last a while, and they are polished to relieve stress points. Isky is another good one also!

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
PAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Manley "Nextek" awesome spring!!
X100

Tried them all and these are the only ones that can sustain pressure wihtout breaking for us.

9300 RPM on every pass and after 50 runs they are still within 10 PSI of new.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have some Pac double springs that are more kick ass than any triple spring I've ever tried. 10,300 RPM at the traps. 20 runs with no broken tails or loss of pressure. (out they come anyway)

I would kill 2-4 Manley triple springs per run.

·
waiting to make a pass!
18,370 Posts
I use Nextek springs and only broke 1 inner after 300 passes, PSI are also good but belive it or not ive seen some big racers, (fuel motors) use erson

·
Registered
708 Posts
Pac for me here.

·
Gas Passer
4,977 Posts
I have had extremely good luck with PAW (Peformance Automotive Warehouse). I get all my parts from them, cheap, well made and last forever...my 3/4 cam, pop top 355 in my 1974 Camaro is still going strong! I rebuilt it back in '84. Did I mention it will spin the right rear tire halfway down the eighth? If I could get it to hook, I am sure it would be a low five, high four second car. I raced this dude one time back in '86 that swore his car ran nines and pulled him by at least ten or eleven links, even while spinning! They make some seriously bad ass shit. PAW baby! James

1 - 20 of 38 Posts