Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Elite Member
13,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every set of Kooks I've ever bought fit like complete Shit. I just did a set of cheap ass ebay headers on a 00 F Body LS1 car this weekend and they fit like a glove. I've fit stainless $1000 Kooks on a couple different 8.2 deck cars and they hit on the steering shaft or sit on the frame rail.. pain in the ass. Who has the best out of the box headers ?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
BBK, sad but its true.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was cussing Hooker Super Comp headers because they were touching the frame on both sides of the engine. Come to find out it was because the cheap ass motor mounts from O Reily's (Made in India) had the motor setting too low. Changed the motor mounts and the header now clear the frame on both sides.

·
Registered
7,638 Posts
I was cussing Hooker Super Comp headers because they were touching the frame on both sides of the engine. Come to find out it was because the cheap ass motor mounts from O Reily's (Made in India) had the motor setting too low. Changed the motor mounts and the header now clear the frame on both sides.
I have had issues using the convertable mounts before

·
Registered
730 Posts
X2 KOOKS headers fit like shit!! 3" below the friggin trans pan and drivers side doesnt even come close to the center of the hump in the crossmember, hit the steering shaft.....................for the kind of money they cost they should fit slightly better than that!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts