Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy one for my old man as a x-mas present and since he dropped the hint hardcore a few days ago, I figure I'll start looking now. Milwaukee? Makita? Does Stihl make them at all? Looking for something decent but under $350. Better yet if there's a good package deal with a bag, blades, blah blah blah.

And before anyone says it, I don't have anything against Sears or Craftsman but I've used their lifetime warranty a few times too many for me to consider something like this from them. I'd rather pay more for quality when it comes to this.

·
coffee extraordinaire
11,218 Posts
Love SKIL. Had it for years(bought it in 2001), still going strong.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I have had my skil corded one for about 7 years and is does good. It was about $60 at walmart

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've had a dewalt 18v for years. I'm very pleased with it.
Nice. I was looking for a corded one over cordless but I'll consider a rechargeable if the price is right. I'll take a look at those, too. Thanks.

I have a Craftsman one...its a POS
That's what I'm afraid of. I have nothing against their smaller hand tools but when it comes to this, I'll pass.

Looks like I need to check into Skil and DeWalt. I know DW makes some good stuff so that may be a good starting point. Thanks, everybody.

·
Aviation Section
25,991 Posts
Milwaukee for a corded unit, read the data plate and buy the one you can affored with with the most amps, cordless it is the 18 volt Dewalt.

At the Pawnshop we won't buy anything Ryobi or Craftsman unless it is brand new in the un-opened box and then we won't pay anything. Makita is also an item I look twice at. All the other brands are not even in the game. Dave

·
Registered
8,646 Posts
portacable sabersaw-It turns into several positions and the head you can rotate in on-MIne has been killer for me.Its a 110 though-I hope this helps out.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts