Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
One of my favorites. Most are good stories.

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Reed was a very talented musician.. I loved his guitar picking... Elvis loved it as well, he insisted that Jerry Reed picked the guitar on a song that he did of Jerry's, called Guitar man.. Listen to some of Jerry's best picking on this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7_9cLq-WQY

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
i grew up on jerry reed...

my dad used to listen to it all the time... not to mention smokey and the bandit....

lord mr ford,

amos moses,

boogie palace,

they are all great no matter what he sang.... it all had a story and the music was epic.

no question.... A LEGEND ....

·
Registered
422 Posts
Jerry Reed was AWSOME. From what I remember hearing on XM, he also remained active in his local music scene, and playing with local bands in bars and such right up until he died. If you like Jerry Reed, check out Bobby Bare Sr. He was good friends with Shel Silverstein ( the childrens book author) who wrote many of his songs. Very good stories, and just as funny. Shel Silverstein is also a member of the country music hall of fame.

·
Registered
346 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
a few years ago we had a little labor day bbq for people at work at our house, had a dj there, one of the guys that worked with us was a mormon, had a boat load of well behaved little kids, did'nt say much and stuck together....well i had the dj play some jerry reed and when he played amos moses these kids started dancing, funnest god dam thing i had seen, these kids loved it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
During the closing credits of Stroker Ace they play outtakes - one is when Burt Reynolds is dressed like the chicken and Jerry Reed comes walking in and makes a comment about how he looks and Burt chases him across the stage.

His greatest hits album is a must have - ever road trip needs some "West bound and down".

1 - 20 of 37 Posts