Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm running a S400 chassis. Twin billet S467's with 83mm wheels aswell. T4 housings. 400ci SBC. 22psi it made 1200rwhp. on 24psi it went 8.35 at 170mph at 3650lb's race weight.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Oh and the car currently weighs 3560# and went [email protected] on the last day of Drag Week after driving it 1500 miles. That was on 34# and only 13 degrees of timing. This past Saturday it went 169 on 13* I added 2* and ran 174. Timing was/is low because the timing table was/is not developed at over 30# as the previous compressors couldn't maintain over 29#.
Hey..!.. It's that crappy Nova guy ?

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Was it in my glove box? ;)

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Did you do it with the 66's?

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
No Jack, I dead set on keeping V-band in/out exhaust housings on the Nova and TiAl wasn't offering them a year ago. They were and still are extremely enthusiastic about developing new products at the time and took on the S300 chassis. They sent me GT4094's to install on the car while they adapted the Garrett exhaust housings to the small turbine S300's. The larger turbine S300's is what I wanted and still do as I feel that they fill a void in the performance small block V8 twin applications (between the GT35/37/40 and the GT42/45/S400 chassis).

The S400 chassis is much harder to package for a street twin setup and won't be as responsive as the smaller frame sizes, not to mention the huge weight difference.

My car is raced exclusively on E70-E85. I also prefer driving on it too as I prefer the exhaust smell over burnt Gasoline smell. The Holley EFI does an excellent job self tuning the fuel table switching between gas and ethanol.

Bill Devine was the first guy I contacted when I started searching for an alternative to Precision's too small for my needs V-band housings. His enthusiasm wasn't as high as I was looking for (don't read that as "not willing to provide free product", I have a very substantial amount of money invested with TiAl.)
As you're working with Tial, surely the Xona's with their new UHF turbine wheels would be a good test ? They seem to make very nice stuff.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts