Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
3250lb
Glide
325 cube ls engine
66mm cast wheel .88ar housings
[email protected]
I still feel theres alot more left in them.
Very nice. What was the weight of the car and boost level used to get these numbers if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Shit just noticed forged lsx, either way the s400 chassis will give you a bigger turbine wheel.

Twin S467 cast with 83mm wheels in t4 housings dyno'ed 1350 through an air to air. 400" sbf.
I was looking at those too. I don't think I will have a space limitation on my car, but I don't want to "over turbo" the car either. I only have a little 365ci 4 bolt block combo for now.

·
Registered
45 Posts
No Jack, I dead set on keeping V-band in/out exhaust housings on the Nova and TiAl wasn't offering them a year ago. They were and still are extremely enthusiastic about developing new products at the time and took on the S300 chassis. They sent me GT4094's to install on the car while they adapted the Garrett exhaust housings to the small turbine S300's. The larger turbine S300's is what I wanted and still do as I feel that they fill a void in the performance small block V8 twin applications (between the GT35/37/40 and the GT42/45/S400 chassis).

The S400 chassis is much harder to package for a street twin setup and won't be as responsive as the smaller frame sizes, not to mention the huge weight difference.

My car is raced exclusively on E70-E85. I also prefer driving on it too as I prefer the exhaust smell over burnt Gasoline smell. The Holley EFI does an excellent job self tuning the fuel table switching between gas and ethanol.

Bill Devine was the first guy I contacted when I started searching for an alternative to Precision's too small for my needs V-band housings. His enthusiasm wasn't as high as I was looking for (don't read that as "not willing to provide free product", I have a very substantial amount of money invested with TiAl.)
Did you ever try the precisions? If you did, just curious what the results were.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Quick-Silver can u tell us more about the combo. How much boost,cam,compression. Ect. That is moving. Nice
Very nice. What was the weight of the car and boost level used to get these numbers if you don't mind me asking?

Sure. Its a street strip 82 S10 (3250lbs)

31psi, but back pressure is still nearly 1:1 I think these turbos would make around 40psi on this engine. The cam is 224/230 113 .600 lift. Runs on pump e85, no intercooler, no meth. Holley dominator efi

Im currently building a forged bottom, AFR headed 6.0 and plan on maxing the turbos out and see what they will do.

Heres a youtube video of the truck from a few months ago

·
Registered
460 Posts

31psi, but back pressure is still nearly 1:1 I think these turbos would make around 40psi on this engine. The cam is 224/230 113 .600 lift. Runs on pump e85, no intercooler, no meth. Holley dominator efi

Im currently building a forged bottom, AFR headed 6.0 and plan on maxing the turbos out and see what they will do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZxaCNEr18A

That is one bad bitch!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZxaCNEr18A
Damn....that is an awesome truck. Interesting idea on the turbo placement too.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Oh and the car currently weighs 3560# and went [email protected] on the last day of Drag Week after driving it 1500 miles. That was on 34# and only 13 degrees of timing. This past Saturday it went 169 on 13* I added 2* and ran 174. Timing was/is low because the timing table was/is not developed at over 30# as the previous compressors couldn't maintain over 29#.
I sent you a couple of PM's Shane but it said your inbox was full.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Got a pair of s366's on my 6.0, e85 non intercoled, went 8.22 169 at 25 psi with a pretty slow ramp. Hoping I can find a decent 1/4 mile yet this season to turn it up.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
66mm Batomoto's with a hyd cam 427 made 1450hp on our engine dyno with 24psi. Has been to 30psi in the mud truck so I would guess close to 1600hp now.
Got a pair of s366's on my 6.0, e85 non intercoled, went 8.22 169 at 25 psi with a pretty slow ramp. Hoping I can find a decent 1/4 mile yet this season to turn it up.
Very nice.

I noticed a lot of people seem to be running decent boost on stock blocks in the 25-35psi range. I was under the impression that around 23psi was about all the 4 bolt heads would take without lifting issues?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Boost means nothing imo. Just a number, dont be scared of it. What really matters is the power/ cyl pressure

Ive had better luck with higher boost levels with low timing vs the other way

·
Registered
921 Posts
Boost means nothing imo. Just a number, dont be scared of it. What really matters is the power/ cyl pressure
This ^

There is no magical number for manifold pressure at which a head gives up and lifts. Cylinder pressure and power are all that matter.

Jack

·
Registered
2 Posts
No Jack, I dead set on keeping V-band in/out exhaust housings on the Nova and TiAl wasn't offering them a year ago. They were and still are extremely enthusiastic about developing new products at the time and took on the S300 chassis. They sent me GT4094's to install on the car while they adapted the Garrett exhaust housings to the small turbine S300's. The larger turbine S300's is what I wanted and still do as I feel that they fill a void in the performance small block V8 twin applications (between the GT35/37/40 and the GT42/45/S400 chassis).

The S400 chassis is much harder to package for a street twin setup and won't be as responsive as the smaller frame sizes, not to mention the huge weight difference.

My car is raced exclusively on E70-E85. I also prefer driving on it too as I prefer the exhaust smell over burnt Gasoline smell. The Holley EFI does an excellent job self tuning the fuel table switching between gas and ethanol.

Bill Devine was the first guy I contacted when I started searching for an alternative to Precision's too small for my needs V-band housings. His enthusiasm wasn't as high as I was looking for (don't read that as "not willing to provide free product", I have a very substantial amount of money invested with TiAl.)
Is tial offering the s300 housig now for thr 73x80mm tubine now? I cant find any s300 housing info on tial website

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
So I won't worry about the "boost levels", I will just stay ultra conservative on timing and use baby steps to creep up on the optimum level.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I see the .83 open and .91 divided T4 housings for these turbos. The .83 is open makes more sense, but will the .91 divided housings still work well or will I be leaving too much on the table with added lag? 365ci spinning 7000 rpm is the mill.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Is tial offering the s300 housig now for thr 73x80mm tubine now? I cant find any s300 housing info on tial website
I hope if this happens the housings have the same footprint as the GT42 Tial housings.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I see the .83 open and .91 divided T4 housings for these turbos. The .83 is open makes more sense, but will the .91 divided housings still work well or will I be leaving too much on the table with added lag? 365ci spinning 7000 rpm is the mill.
Sorry, I meant the 73mm wheel with the .91 housing as opposed to a 68mm wheel on the .88 housing.

Would the .91 twins be too laggy on a 6.0?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have used the twin bw s366 billet wheels in my 408 truck made 1100whp on 20 psi of boost through 6l80 21psi 98 octane.....now i am on c16 and th400 holley dominator ecu i dont wat u guys think how much boost i can push it and keep engine in one piece its 10.5:1 comp and its 4300lb truck trick flow 255 heads and all good stuff in the block too?

21 - 40 of 52 Posts