Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at this for a ls build LS1 24x modified MicroSquirt ECU with Plug and Play harness . Anyone use this is the software fairly easy to use. fuel table and ignition mapping easy to understand new to efi and this seams like a good cheap way to learn if its not a big pain to use the soft or filmware

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Efi source. Com shows it as a direct plug and play for ls1 harness and computer for $795 idk about it being for bikes

·
Registered
306 Posts
I use megasquirt 2 and 3. Also new at EFI. It has been challenging at times. The tuning tables are pretty straight forward. But there hundreds of settings and ways to make it work. Or not work. There is no direct support if you have problems. There are some forums and lots if info on the net though. If you are into doing it on your own and are good with computers and a soldering iron its ok. Never used any other systems to compare. One box can do the EFI, ignition, boost control, launch, nitrous datalog, etc.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes they have that box at $1250 just plug in and go harness is already made for a ls so they take the hatd part out. Now im not good at all and looking for info about tuning with it. Or stay with my original plan and do a csuvor c&s blow through carb and msd 6010

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I use mega squirt 2 on my 24x ls1. Getting it to run and configuring the injectors and everything, soldering the components on the pcb, that was the hardest part. It must have been like 10 hours of bs before I finally got the crank sensor to work correctly. Then another 2 hours figuring out injector setting, deAd time , etc. really a big pita. It was my first efi system so the learning experience was INVALUABLE!! The tuning part is pretty easy.

I say go for it!

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I agree however the 3.57 board also is computer made and hard to solder your own mods to. I recommend the v3.0 pcb for ease of modification. I've got it controlling my fans, shift light, analogue tachometer, and 2-step launch control.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I am doing the same thing going to try the microsquirt for my lq4 turbo build. this will be my first efi build so I want to keep it simple just fuel and spark and leave the rest alone. and there are plenty of guys going fast with it .

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is a street /strip and i want keep it simple. May do the gold nox as it has more features but dont know if u need lnock sensors or not. I do like that it has a 2 step built in

·
Registered
699 Posts
the only thing the micro does not have is knock input and iac. other than that it is perfect for my car.and I do believe the knock input can be used with some mods.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
I use Megasquirt 3 board on my turbo'd sbf street car. There is a learning curve but it works well. Good thing is I have a friend close by thats helping me tune and teaching me how to use it.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Thats great, but the 3.57 board has far more options than microsquirt. There is no need for a small sealed unit on a race car when the very best part of megasquirt is user mods and repairs.
I totally agree. I was just showing a reference where microsquirt can do pretty good for what it is. I'm going with MS3X myself.

·
Registered
306 Posts
As stated above getting the V3.0 board is easier to repair unless you are comfortable soldering on the surface mount stuff On the 3.57.

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
I run MS2 on a 3.0 board. Runs the fuel, distributerless ignition, water injection, nitrous and drives the tach digitally. beautiful system. Its needs MS3 though, i want SD card logging and more outputs.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I can pickup a ms3x3.57c for a good price but I am not afraid to tell you there is a ton of work getting it wired and tuned and im not that sure I can get it done. very intimidating. the micro looks like a cake walk.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Mine is the ms3x. It was the easiest to set up as far as loading firmware and the wiring compared to a few MS2 systems I've dealt with. . The SD logging is good, but we have switched to using an Android phone to log via blutooth using the Shadow Dash app. Just seems to be easier. Also use the phone as the dash when data logging. Going to try a tablet set up as a HUD and see how that goes.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts