Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any of you on here do this for full time work. Been going to storage auctions/yard sales/swap meets for the last month with my neighbor. Also hunt on craigslist to buy and sell antiques and things along those lines. Just wondering how many of us are out there in this shitty economy.

·
Registered
9,580 Posts
How are you doing money wise so for?
I thought about the storage deal.not many do it around here.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I work on the other side and make a living I auction the units off

·
Registered
16,906 Posts
Just wondering if any of you on here do this for full time work. Been going to storage auctions/yard sales/swap meets for the last month with my neighbor. Also hunt on craigslist to buy and sell antiques and things along those lines. Just wondering how many of us are out there in this shitty economy.
you work for the IRS, dont you?

·
598 Coming Soon
19,628 Posts
We do quite a bit of buying & resaling, Not neccesarliy storage or auctions.......But thrift store shopping, If you know what to buy....There's good $$$ to be made, Craigslist.....Hmmmm, You better have quite a few people working for you if you want to get the deals on that site, On that note i must thank Craigslist for funding my Chevelle :supz:

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How are you doing money wise so for?
I thought about the storage deal.not many do it around here.
We are doing pretty good on storage auctions you can snag a unit for 250 to 400 and make 700 to 800 off depending on items. Its hard work if there is a lot of junk you need to ditch ect. Still fun but you figure you hit about 2 awesome units out of 10.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I work on the other side and make a living I auction the units off
That would be something fun to do as well. I am sure you had to pay a pretty penny for the license plus other fees. I do know the auctioneers around here travel all over the state.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We do quite a bit of buying & resaling, Not neccesarliy storage or auctions.......But thrift store shopping, If you know what to buy....There's good $$$ to be made, Craigslist.....Hmmmm, You better have quite a few people working for you if you want to get the deals on that site, On that note i must thank Craigslist for funding my Chevelle :supz:
Nope just me doing the computer/ online moving of shit and searching researching. Hopefully I can get to the point of funding my truck someday. Right now it just pays the bills.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I do it as a side job. Go to several auctions, swap meets, storage unit auctions every month. I make a couple of hundred off it. I only do it on the weekends and its really crowded here. If I did it full time and could do it during the week I think I could earn enough to make a living doing it.

·
Registered
294 Posts
My mother in law buys stuff from yard sales and thrift stores and sells it on ebay. She makes good money off it when she keeps at it. Stuff she dont sell can always be taken to Goodwill or Salvation Army for a tax write off.

·
Registered
549 Posts
That would be something fun to do as well. I am sure you had to pay a pretty penny for the license plus other fees. I do know the auctioneers around here travel all over the state.
I like auctioning its like Im on a treasure hunt everyday. Im not sure what it cost in your state but here in IL its not to bad I pay 1500 a year between state and city licenses and education.

·
Registered
5,122 Posts
Been doing it for couple of year's.Alway's on the search for some deal.Fund's are good enough that it keep's me in money and also work my dad when he want's to.Use to find good deals on auctions till all the suction shows started up.Kinda have to look for good deal's now.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Been doing it for couple of year's.Alway's on the search for some deal.Fund's are good enough that it keep's me in money and also work my dad when he want's to.Use to find good deals on auctions till all the suction shows started up.Kinda have to look for good deal's now.
Good stuff to hear, yeah since the auction shows happened you get a good bit of window shoppers/yuppies. I still want to see how some of these guys that roll up in SL550 Mercedes load a unit in their car. J/king If the bidding gets to crazy for the items in it, I just walk away. There are about 6 of us that always seem to go to the same auctions and we all have kinda looked out for ourselves. Which comes in handy when its just me and them come bidding time.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like auctioning its like Im on a treasure hunt everyday. Im not sure what it cost in your state but here in IL its not to bad I pay 1500 a year between state and city licenses and education.
Good info, what do you mean by education? Researching items to know what your looking at when you bid the unit?

·
Registered
599 Posts
whats the best/most expensive thing you've found in a storage unit? i feel these new tv shows are rigged/staged

·
Registered
835 Posts
I've been thinking about getting into it on the side and getting my Dad set up doing it but it would seem to me to really get into it big you would need to have a store front. I also wonder how many "decent" units on average there are vs the ones filled with just junk.

·
I forgot what to do next!
6,090 Posts
My Sis and brother In law started doing this because he is laid off
they are doing pretty damn good at it. Bought first unti for 425
and then doubled his money 2nd day now he has a bunch of shit on auction
sites.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I used to scower the junkyards and sell my finds on Ebay.Some of the better things I found were.
1) A Lincoln LSC that had a GT40 intake,aluminum TFS Highports (old school Will Burt),solid roller cam,roller rockers
and lifters,.Bought it all for $350 made about $2000 profit.
2) An 88 Saleen Mustang ravaged but I got the flo-fit seats paid $40 that I sold for $350.
3) Another LSC had a Cobra intake for $25

Those are just a few .

At a swapmeet I bought just about every part for a 93 Cobra that is was Cobra specific for $850.
Tires and rims,all the body kit except nose cover,computer ,mass air,rear hatch with wing,brake booster,master cylinder,rear end and swaybars .

1 - 20 of 31 Posts