Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states. Did it work for you? Pro's, con's, and any side effects that you experienced please.

·
Gas Passer
4,977 Posts
My grandmother who smoked for over 60 years tried it and it she cut back from two packs a day to two or three cigs a day. She said she had no cravings to smoke, just did not know what to do with her hands. My sister used it and quit. She complained of too much gas from the chantix. lol If you do smoke while taking it, I think they both said the cigs tasted different. Good luck with quitting. James

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I did the chantix and didnt have mood swings etc.
heck I didnt even start overeating.
I did however get some really vivid and strange dreams.
(nothing too bad though)
I was told by some people that quit cold turkey that they too have had strange dreams aswell. (so cant blame chantix there)
My doctor said it is true that youll expeiriance weird dreams cuz your purging the nicotine out of your body (withdrawl symptoms)
during the first week your allowed to smoke but after 3 days youll realize you dont need to smoke and they start tasting like ass !!!
I been smoke free since last march!:):cool::cool:
I do notice all the people that come up with every excuse in the book to not quit smoking now and its kinda funny cuz I was doing the same thing.
one thing I did to do something with my hands is start eating black licorace (sp).

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I quit 4 years ago using Chantix,I was a over 2 1/2 pack a day smoker for many years.Only issues I have with it now is trying to control my weight.Yes,I had the dreams too.
Good luck.

·
Yellowbullet Overlord
27,528 Posts
My sister and law used it and it worked almost imediatly for her. She said it killed cravings and the couple she did try to smoke tasted like shit and she could not take more than a couple drags. She also mentioned very strange dreams.

·
RIP Dave - YB will miss you
25,442 Posts
I wonder how much side effects are blamed on Chantix that are 100% normal for someone that quit.I quit cold turkey and had all the things attributed to Chantix happen to me.Mood swings,loss of appetite,crazy aggressiveness,insomnia are all normal when you give up the addiction.After 2 weeks that stuff goes away.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I used it and it worked for me, but I have heard mixed reviews. I was wanting to quit and attempted numerous times over my 30+ year habit. Finally gave this stuff a try and have been smoke free for a little over 4 years now.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I wonder how much side effects are blamed on Chantix that are 100% normal for someone that quit.I quit cold turkey and had all the things attributed to Chantix happen to me.Mood swings,loss of appetite,crazy aggressiveness,insomnia are all normal when you give up the addiction.After 2 weeks that stuff goes away.
Yep! 100% accurate...

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
my g/f went on it, and oh man talk about side effects, she basically went crazy. she had to stop taking it because it got so bad
A girl I used to date tried it a couple times.Depression ,wierd dreams and loss of sleep . She never did quit. Its a shame 25 yrs old and smokes alot. Heavy smoking will age a women really fast.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Good point but the side effects are very well documented. I tried it and turned into a raving lunatic. Was on for about 2 weeks and hated everybody and everything. I'm sure some of that was due to quitting smoking but damn. When telling my doctor she said that this was common and just took me off of it. I know the heart docs my wife works with swear by it.

·
Registered
518 Posts
i smoked for 15 years. a pack a day and went on chantix for about 1 1/2 months and quit no problem. had a couple weird dreams but thats it. that was 2 years ago and couldnt feel better.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts