Yellow Bullet Forums banner

WHO HAS THE FASTEST STREET DRIVEN CAR ON YB??

29K views 284 replies 118 participants last post by  04mach18u 
#1 ·
I have not seen this question asked.. I am talking about cars that are REALLY driven on the streets, even if most of the driving is local. This is specific for guys, (and gals) who drive their cars regularly w/o any problems or worries about breaking down, or overheating, or any stupid shit like that..

This question is NOT for the guy who has an outlaw d/r car w/ a 5 gallon gas tank and has went down the block a time or two, that does NOT qualify you, I mean guys who's cars are street cars BEFORE they are race cars, regardless of the appearance, running on pump gas for street driving is a MUST, I mean come-on, it IS 2010, if your street car must run on rocket fuel to motor down the road, then you fail! :finga:

You don't have to race it in "street trim", ever since guys have been racing their street cars at the strip, they been dragging slicks in their trunk and changing them over at the track, that did not disqualify them as "street" cars back in the day, why should it now?? :smt102

My car right now, based on a 1/2 dozen 1/8 mile hits a few weeks ago, woulda' went into the low 7.70's, maybe into the 60's in the 1/4, but that ain't "official" until the timeslip is in my hand, that is coming soon.. ;) I have averaged over a 1000 miles a year on the street for the last 4+ years, and that is a conservative number, it may be more like 1500+..

It is pretty obvious that Larry Larson has everyone covered here, but maybe I am wrong, lets see where this goes.. ;)

Ok Larry, I know you lurk around here, get your post in to make it official. :cool:

At the end of the day, this thread is not about what is a street car, or who's car is more street-able, the proof is in the pudding, if you put the miles on it "reliably", then you are in! :smt023

See less See more
#16 ·
1/4 mile wise yes, but come October tell him to bring it to the Mile in texas and i will be driving my car there on pump gas and going to go 250 in the mile and drive it home. My car will go 265-270 top end and knock down 20mpg. So are we talking fastest 1/4 mile time or top end?

#11 ·
We KNOW that Larry drives his car on the streets, it is well documented, and has been for years, but I don't know how much Andy Frost (RedVictor) drives his car.. I know this may start some shit, but I ran into a a couple guys at a local car show, they were obviously from England, they said they live not far from Andy, and know him, they said that car NEVER sees the streets, this is obviously only hearsay.

There will be 25 pages arguing the terms of "street driven"!!
See, that is not what I want this to be about, I don't give a shit what your car is, although it needs to be tagged, insured, and have at least basic safety items for street driving, and not a vehicle that could get you pulled over every time you roll onto the streets. I drive by and around local cops all the time, I don't worry about it. ;)

#9 ·
There will be 25 pages arguing the terms of "street driven"!!

#30 ·
It has been a while, but yes I have, went 8.60 @ 159 on 93 on a single stage plate, drag radials, and no sissy sticks, but that was a whole different combo then today.

1/4 mile wise yes, but come October tell him to bring it to the Mile in texas and i will be driving my car there on pump gas and going to go 250 in the mile and drive it home. My car will go 265-270 top end and knock down 20mpg. So are we talking fastest 1/4 mile time or top end?
I shoulda' made it clear, I meant 1/4 mile, but if you don't run 1/4, I guess you could throw your 1/8 time out there, we all go past the 1/8 on the way to a full run. ;)

That would be impressive if you do that, but it sounds like you are still working on that.. Good luck, let us know how it goes!

#18 ·
I was just thinking maybe you could include HP rating as well as the quickest that drives on the street and is reliable. Not just laps to qualify for street class racing.:smt102

#32 ·
Yeah, that car was bad ass, for sure! A local friend of mine that I see at least once a week at the local car show, and at the track pretty regular, Rod Nance, has the beautiful 59 Impala that ran at that event, he made something like 1200HP.. That car now has a totally stock BB in it, that poor guy had endless troubles with that combo, the Pro Charger engine is going in something else he has.

Sal Patel ......with the viper 7.40s @190+ on drag radials street driven and passes delaware motor vehicle inspection
That is haulin' the mail, does it really see much street time?? The turbo stuff is difficult to keep up with in a street car, and trying to do it with nitrous..

#31 ·
Sal Patel ......with the viper 7.40s @190+ on drag radials street driven and passes delaware motor vehicle inspection

#33 ·
well, i drove 50+miles to the track sunday, ripped off a 9.20@150 in full street trim, and drove home, and made a few stops along the way.. was a fun day.. got a couple issues.. damn column shifter would hang up and not let me get in 3rd gear!! so i had to let off, and get back on it.. and the damn turbo tube blew off the hat right before the traps!!. but with my data from that little outting i should run some 8.80's on a decent full pass!!:cool:

#34 ·
I think Larry has this covered by a Mile, Rods is a FairGrounds Cruiser its real nice but I dont think you will see it drive 300 miles in the rain.

Edwardo Your holds it own. The Car is ok, its you people have issues with :smt102LMAO

#35 ·
See this is what I don't get.

At the end of the day, this thread is not about what is a street car, or who's car is more street-able, the proof is in the pudding, if you put the miles on it "reliably", then you are in! :smt023
With my old combo, in one year I put just over 3000 miles on it in the year, so that counts right?

running on pump gas for street driving is a MUST, I mean come-on, it IS 2010, if your street car must run on rocket fuel to motor down the road, then you fail! :finga:
Oh wait according to you it doesn't because that was on 110 octane.

Like I said Eddie, you're an idiot.

#36 ·
Its HARD to believe you drive your car around Port St. Lucie without getting harrassed!! IDK but there are some pretty fast cars out of the okc area one being a black nova tht see's plenty of street duty off midweststreetcars.com guys name is Shawn and the cars SICK!!! I believe it's been 7.70's hurt, maybe he will chime in on here..

#37 ·
You mean this bad mofo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu7zAfEnuEM

And for the street car argument.... If it goes down something other than the track and it's paved, I'm not sure what else to call it but a street. Who gives a flying fuck what fuel or tire is on or in it. In AZ, the car needs lights, and current rgistration and insurance to be legal. If it's got those three things, IMO, it's a AZ street car.

This "It needs to have A/C, pump gas, power windows, and a radar detector built into the Nav system to be a street car" thing is absolutely retarded.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.