Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can ppg matte clear be cut buffed or will it shine? I'm wanting to matte my car and paint booth isn't the best. I want that cut texture free paint but in matte.

·
Super Moderator
47,271 Posts
All flat, satin or semi gloss paints, .......whether low gloss clears, paint that has had flattening agent added to it, or stuff like SEM's Hot Rod Black,.....will all shine if you put a buffer to them.

As far as the "texture free" look you're going for,....if you use a good product and spray it correctly, it should lay down smooth, no matter what booth you have.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Sprayed the SPI matte clear awhile back and it laid down and looked good, I'm just a hack but I've been painting in a shop, no booth, for 15 years. You just make do, lol.

·
Registered
12,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All flat, satin or semi gloss paints, .......whether low gloss clears, paint that has had flattening agent added to it, or stuff like SEM's Hot Rod Black,.....will all shine if you put a buffer to them.

As far as the "texture free" look you're going for,....if you use a good product and spray it correctly, it should lay down smooth, no matter what booth you have.
The booth concern is dirt in paint guess panel would need to be redone. I'm custom to using ppg 2002 seems no matter what I do there is always some bit of texture. I have better luck with it when re sanding clear and spraying again then it's pretty good. I have used matrix all over clear before and can spray that stuff texture free I mean it looks that good. I want a matte finish using lambo orange which my car is painted now. Alot of work to try this and something goes wrong like a run or something flying into clear coat. Lol

·
Registered
706 Posts
what color are you wanting to do in Satin?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts