Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, me and my fiance are looking for a new suv/cross over for her since the tranny shit the bed in her car. We are looking at the 07/08 awd model. Id love to hear your experience with them, good or bad, and if you would buy another?

Thanks
Ryan

·
Registered
304 Posts
quality cars.....had a limited with all the bells and whistles....only real problem was a axle seal leak....my wife and mother in law bought the exact same car on the exact same day.....both loved them

·
Registered
37 Posts
Had an 07, it was a nice ride, it was the wife's and she loved it.
Only issue was twords the end of the lease the rear brakes started making noise. it was a ridge that built up on the outside edge of the rotor cuz the pad stopped about a 1/2 inch from the top.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How many miles did you guys have on your Edge's? We are looking at something pre-owned with about 20-30k miles on them.

·
Bracket racer
13,290 Posts
My best friends' mom drives one....rides and drives great, and has plenty of power. Even if it is a damn Ford :p:p

·
Registered
323 Posts
My wife and I have a 08 Lincoln MKX which is basically the same thing. But we love it. Pretty good ride, drives great.

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
We have an '08 AWD and we love it. My wife is very impressed with it and feels very safe driving it in the crap weather and snow storms of Western, NY. Not a single repair aside from routine maintenance and brakes at 60,000 miles.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats good to hear. We live in a place that gets a ton of snow, and the wife to be will be the one driving it.

·
Registered
629 Posts
The wife has one a 2010, only a 2WD but seems to be a good ride, only issue we had so far is a steering sensor failure. Had to take it to the dealer twice for them to detect it.

·
Vendor
6,471 Posts
We had an 08 Limited model and my wife loved it. We had about 24,000 miles on it when we turned it in from the lease. We turned it in almost a year ago and she still pouts about it every time she sees one. They didn't have a decent lease rate on them and the residual was too high to make it worth buying out. We now have a Mazda CX-9 which is supposed to be built on a similar platform. It's a nice ride too but it's a little bigger. I would have no problem buying a used Edge with those miles on you are looking at.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
My wife bought one last year, there is another thread about them on here as I was asking questions of those who owned them as well.

·
Vendor
6,471 Posts
My Mom also has one and loves it. It rides very smooth ride. And the all Glass roof is bad azz..
That is the big thing she misses. The Vista roof and the Sync system for making and taking phone calls is much better than the Mazda.

·
Registered
731 Posts
We have a 07 sunset orange with the vista roof. 49000 miles and love it!!!!! thinking of trading it for a new one now.

·
Registered
463 Posts
We are on our second one. The first was a 2007 Blazing copper.
Turned it in Oct 2009. Bought a tuxedo black 2010 SE have not have any trouble with either one. :D

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I work in a Ford Service Dept, and from what I have seen they are well built and for the most part trouble free. The AWD PTU had an issue with leaking in that age range, and the rear wheel bearings go out quit often, as side from that no real major issues. If you get the Chrome wheels, keep them clean, they are prone to pitting and discoloring from lack of cleaning.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts