Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 26 years old and have been employed as a mechanic since age 13. Well in may 2010 i injured my back doing a transmission.In august 2010 i went saw a DR.,which removed me from work and been off every since.January 2012 the finally done surgery were they completed a artificial disc replacement and posterior fusion from L5-S1. the surgery was 7 hrs:smt119. Well ive completed my therapy and im still having problems alot more really then i was led to believe id honestly have to say only reduced pain by around 40% and was just sitting here wondering how many of you have had back surgery and did it help you.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I had a herniated disc shaved 17 years ago and still have issues.I've come to the conclusion that I'll have issues with my back the rest of my life.
Compared to what it sounds like you've gone thru,mine sounds very minor.
They led me to believe the surgery would end all my problems and relieve all my pain,scar tissue formed and I ended up with more pain from the scar tissue than I had before the surgery.

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
i've wondered about this you hear all kinds of horror stories. i have two herniated discs and advanced degenerative disc disease. i've been told there's nothing they can really do for it. if i'm careful doesn't normally cause me problems (does limit me some) but man when it does it's painful.

anyone with similar condition and what if anything have you done about it?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I had 12 hr surgery. Two ribs removed to get to my back. Then they removed t11 and T 12 plus 3disc installed titaniam cage and Installed 3 rods after 2 weeks in hospital they let me go home. I felt like shit for a few weeks but now I'm great gods been good to me. So just hang in there it will heal. also Its all in your head the more u think about it the more it will hold u back.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
I havent had a back surgery, but recently had a knee replacement and I expect it to take a year or so for everything to settle in.

·
pig hunter
9,424 Posts
artificial disc replacement
this wasn't out yet when i had mine.. the doc i see was the first in the country to do them.. epa was very slow to appove it here...

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Also stay away from the pain meds if possible. They will make u think it's your back but it's the pain pills making your bones ach. Trust me I got a lot of pain pill from 03 when I had my surgery. Still never take them. U will always have some discomfort just deal with it and leave the pills alone. I've seen to many ppl lose it from them.

Good luck hope this helps

·
pig hunter
9,424 Posts
I had 12 hr surgery. Two ribs removed to get to my back. Then they removed t11 and T 12 plus 3disc installed titaniam cage and Installed 3 rods after 2 weeks in hospital they let me go home. I felt like shit for a few weeks but now I'm great gods been good to me. So just hang in there it will heal. also Its all in your head the more u think about it the more it will hold u back
holy fuck kenjo

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had 12 hr surgery. Two ribs removed to get to my back. Then they removed t11 and T 12 plus 3disc installed titaniam cage and Installed 3 rods after 2 weeks in hospital they let me go home. I felt like shit for a few weeks but now I'm great gods been good to me. So just hang in there it will heal. also Its all in your head the more u think about it the more it will hold u back.
yeah they ran the rods with a cross member when the done the fusion..i try to keep busy just little stuff, its one of those things it hurts when i set at home all day so might as well be out keeping my mind off of it

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The artificial disk is a long recovery also, must be careful......
thats what ive heard i just get impatient im not one that likes to sit around

·
Registered
821 Posts
I had my L 4 done they fuse it back with silicone cement and its so far so good! also they found a spot on it that was cancer had the spot where it was burned with the Lazar for 30 days and its gone.thank GOD !! but havent worked since april 2011 so i feel ya!! its tuff for sure!!

·
X275!
4,937 Posts
I had a herniated disc in L5-S1. Mild surgery to go in and trim the herniated part. Things have been good since! Before the surgery I had alot of pain down my legs and now it is all gone!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nope. Military injuries.
thats how my dad got his. he fell out of a guard tower in Vietnam after a big a$$ monkey jumped in there with him

1 - 20 of 65 Posts