Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do it at mine and all the cooking but not what I wanted to talk about.

Over the last 6 weeks food prices are getting outta sight. Freash meats' prices keep climbing ..... and produce (I know some is out of season) I'm talking banana's ...... used to be 3lbs for 99cents now on sale 1lb for 58cents ........

Anybody else notice this?

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
price of food is climbing here to, we started watching sale papers and store brands to save a few bucks. with food and gas both going up, soon i will work just to afford to pack a liuch and gas to drive to work.

·
LSx The World
4,035 Posts
yes she bought a beef roast for $17.00 at $4.25 a pound why????

now I make sure I'm there when she shops

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts
As the fuel prices rise so does the cost of groceries...they still haven't worked out that whole teleportation thing. So in the meantime the food still gets there by truck.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Yep it is getting out of hand. everything I do cost more, everything I buy costs more BUT I have to charge less to have jobs period.

D

·
0 Posts
I went into a grocery store Monday for the first time in eleven years.

I still don't know how much anything costs and I won't go back until 2022.....

·
598 Coming Soon
19,628 Posts
There's a documentary out called "Food Inc" It explains alot about the current food prices going through the roof & other things WE SHOULD ALL HAVE CONCERNS OVER

·
Registered
423 Posts
I go with the wife every weekend to shop for the upcoming week...we shop at Sams, Walmart and Kroger. Seems to me that most things have stayed about the same over the last year. Prices seem to fluctuate from week to week. We spend approx $100 - $150 a week for a family of 4. We eat good and buy very little junk food...lots of steak (ribeye/sirloin), pork tenderloin and chicken.
If your not shopping at Sams or Walmart...your throwing your money away.

·
Bad Muther Fucka
844 Posts
I go with the wife every weekend to shop for the upcoming week...we shop at Sams, Walmart and Kroger. Seems to me that most things have stayed about the same over the last year. Prices seem to fluctuate from week to week. We spend approx $100 - $150 a week for a family of 4. We eat good and buy very little junk food...lots of steak (ribeye/sirloin), pork tenderloin and chicken.
If your not shopping at Sams or Walmart...your throwing your money away.
That is where I shop.. I do all the shopping. Go find a good butcher. I bought a 1/4 black angus cow for $2.19 a lb Got 48 1.5 lbs of ground beef 87-13, 5 -3 packs of ribeye 3 roast and 4 packs of sirloin. Best $ I ever spent fresh meat is the best.

·
Mike Walsh
1,730 Posts
I deliver groceries for a big chain in Chicago. Think of a grocery store like a apartment building,every spot on the shelf is sold with the end caps and the stuff at eye level getting the most money. House brands bring in almost 40% profit. And for those that go to Walmart,they price match everything,if you like the few things that they sell. I know we sell beer cheaper than Sams.

·
Registered
423 Posts
That is where I shop.. I do all the shopping. Go find a good butcher. I bought a 1/4 black angus cow for $2.19 a lb Got 48 1.5 lbs of ground beef 87-13, 5 -3 packs of ribeye 3 roast and 4 packs of sirloin. Best $ I ever spent fresh meat is the best.
Hell of a deal! I'm gonna look into that.

·
Registered
7,641 Posts
I could go on and on having worked in foodservices for a long time. One of the things that will increase food prices I believe drastically over the next year is the new product labeling law. The cost to maintain the statistics and avoid lawsuits, etc will drive food up more.

Dairy seems reasonable right now to me but packaged good-pasta, rice, canned veggies, etc are way up. So is meat.

·
Put Custom Title HERE!...
56,427 Posts
I do!...
Don't pay attention to prices, I'm a power shopper and I'm on a mission to get in and out as quickly as possible (life's too short to do it ANY other way)!... ;)

·
Registered
835 Posts
I do and have noticed the same thing. They started edging up a couple of years ago when gas was high but didn't come down when gas dropped. Since then they seem to keep creeping up. I usually try to buy stuff on sale and if the price is good enough will buy extra to stock up. If I let the wife go we would have $100 worth of junk food and nothing for meals. :)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts