Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
2 wheels,no cage,250mph
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congrats to Jerry Savoir. Kicking ass and taking names.He should be sponsored by a trailer company. He puts enough racers in the trailer.? eddie aint kicking ass,he's getting his ass kicked. Such a wonderful thing.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Great to see, But watch next year they will try to adjust the rules again so HD can win, And they will use the new 4 valve head as a excuse or come up with something stupid.

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
Right
DRIVER..... Eddie Krawiec.................................. Jerry Savoie...SUZUKI ...........WINNER

-- --
RT ..................046......................................... .004

60 FT........ 1.073...................................... 1.069

330 FT....... 2.875....................................... 2.875

660 FT...... 4.413...................................... 4.401

660 FT MPH.. 159.68..................................... 160.65

1000 FT..... 5.755...................................... 5.737

ET............. 6.901....................................... 6.881

MPH......... 195.62..................................... 195.90
-- --
3:42 p.m. Weather conditions: air temperature 86 degrees, relative humidity 63 percent, barometer 29.10 inches, adjusted altitude 3,694 feet, track temperature 107 degrees.

Krawiec is 24 - 9 against Savoie in prior events and Krawiec is 7 - 1 against Savoie in prior final rounds. Savoie gets out of the gate first and starts to pull away. He goes on through, extending his lead all the way through the run. Jerry Savoie's incremental margins: 60ft(0.046), 330 ft(0.042), 660ft(0.054), 1,000ft(0.060).

MOV: 0.0621 seconds (approximately 18 feet). Savoie takes his third win of the year and the 12th of his career

·
2 wheels,no cage,250mph
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jerry, Kick ass.........004....to....046

..........................6.88......to...........6.90
I just felt like quoting you because those numbers kick ass.?

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
Jerry is a Bad Man

I hope he goes out on Top , Retirement Talk ?

He is making the Case for 4Valve head , well iffy ?

Nhra wants PSB 6.80's , 4-Valve head will advance the Class , 6.70's be a regular thing , a big No, No .;)

·
2 wheels,no cage,250mph
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jerry is a Bad Man

I hope he goes out on Top , Retirement Talk ?

He is making the Case for 4Valve head , well iffy ?

Nhra wants PSB 6.80's , 4-Valve head will advance the Class , 6.70's be a regular thing , a big No, No .;)
The heads already been approved.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
I can not wait to congralulate Jerry in two weeks in Las Vegas. He always takes the time too talk to my wife and I. He is such a laid back guy.

·
Smuck
4,646 Posts
Nice win by the WAR team!

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
The heads already been approved.
Yep, Monstar, V&H.....Will Vortex have a 4 Valve ?

NHRa already Limits Valve Size on 2 Valve Vortex , will it limit 4 Valve Sizes ?

I guess the 4-Valve should make it Easier to Rev 14,000+ with Smaller Cams , Lighter Valves, Softer Springs and More Air Flow , Low lift thru the Top Lift !

Will the Cases or Crank be able to Handle the Extra Torque ?

·
2 wheels,no cage,250mph
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep, Monstar, V&H.....Will Vortex have a 4 Valve ?
Wont happen in NHRA. For the Monstar head to be considered for approval it had to be submitted by Suzuki. Someone with contacts in Suzuki was able to get Suzuki to write the submission letter for the monstar head.Without the factory submission it goes nowhere.I've also heard suzuki will NOT request any other 4 valve heads be considered. So from what I've heard,v&h at the moment are shit outta luck as they say.And it was an Aussie that had the suzuki influence.;)

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
Wont happen in NHRA. For the Monstar head to be considered for approval it had to be submitted by Suzuki. Someone with contacts in Suzuki was able to get Suzuki to write the submission letter for the monstar head.Without the factory submission it goes nowhere.I've also heard suzuki will NOT request any other 4 valve heads be considered. So from what I've heard,v&h at the moment are shit outta luck as they say.And it was an Aussie that had the suzuki influence.;)
V&H showed up in 2009 with DOHC , 4-Valve HD, then HD requisted it ??

If I remember correctly , back in '13 , with all the 4-Valve HD contraverscy , that Eddie said V&H had a 4-Valve for the Suzuki ready to go ? Anyway .

I assume V&H will be building the 4-Valve Pro Stock engines with Monstar Heads ?

I predict HD--V&H will requist 4 Valve Heads , pronto! V&H -HD likes a Edge ! ;)

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I am sure Hd will be crying for the 4 valve, And will most likely get it, But the Buells will get nothing and be left out, But hey as long as HD is happy.
V&H showed up in 2009 with DOHC , 4-Valve HD, then HD requisted it ??

If I remember correctly , back in '13 , with all the 4-Valve HD contraverscy , that Eddie said V&H had a 4-Valve for the Suzuki ready to go ? Anyway .

I assume V&H will be building the 4-Valve Pro Stock engines with Monstar Heads ?

I predict HD--V&H will requist 4 Valve Heads , pronto! V&H -HD likes a Edge ! ;)

·
1,185 Posts
All this here say must be true since I'm reading it on the web............

First V&H didn't show up with a 4 Valve H-D engine and then get it approved. It was approved and then it was built.

Next I'm pretty sure you will never see a 4 valve head on a 160ci V-Twin again. I'm taking a stab at that guess but I feel NHRA wouldn't allow it. They do not want the class running any faster as it is. The plan they have and was asked by most of the suzuki riders is give them a cylinder head and add weight to the 4 cyl's as needed. They hope it will allow for bigger people to ride them and have weight to move around on it.

As for the 4 cylinder stuff.

Nitrodee must be onto something with his statements ........... I'm sorry I was meaning to say on something with the statements. Tell the Aussie keep working away on it.
We have been in talks and pushing for the last 2 years on the 4 valve head. It has been NHRA not open to it.

I will assure you all billet 4 valve head engines that come out of the V&H shop will have a V&H designed and manufactured cylinder head on it. Don't be surprised when it does surface for 2020.

Onto the final topic.

Great job to the WAR team. You guys are really on your game and running great with your V&H 2 Valve engine and making us proud.

See you at the races.

EK

·
2 wheels,no cage,250mph
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
All this here say must be true since I'm reading it on the web............

First V&H didn't show up with a 4 Valve H-D engine and then get it approved. It was approved and then it was built.

Next I'm pretty sure you will never see a 4 valve head on a 160ci V-Twin again. I'm taking a stab at that guess but I feel NHRA wouldn't allow it. They do not want the class running any faster as it is. The plan they have and was asked by most of the suzuki riders is give them a cylinder head and add weight to the 4 cyl's as needed. They hope it will allow for bigger people to ride them and have weight to move around on it.

As for the 4 cylinder stuff.

Nitrodee must be onto something with his statements ........... I'm sorry I was meaning to say on something with the statements. Tell the Aussie keep working away on it.
We have been in talks and pushing for the last 2 years on the 4 valve head. It has been NHRA not open to it.

I will assure you all billet 4 valve head engines that come out of the V&H shop will have a V&H designed and manufactured cylinder head on it. Don't be surprised when it does surface for 2020.

Onto the final topic.

Great job to the WAR team. You guys are really on your game and running great with your V&H 2 Valve engine and making us proud.

See you at the races.

EK
This is what you said previously when I raised the topic last time. Proves you're full of shit at times.

It’s a limited market and for someone to spend $500-$750k to design and development is hard to do. You never will sell enough to get back your investment so you have to be willing loose money on it or have a really long term plan. It’s a minimum of a 10 year payback for the investment. We have offered but NHRA is on this keeping cost down kick and that is where it stands as of now.

·
Registered
6,543 Posts

So V&H 4-Valve Head has been Approved by Nhra ?

So who will build a Monstar Headed engine , Ward Performance, Star Racing, Steve Johnson ?:confused:

·
1,185 Posts
This is what you said previously when I raised the topic last time. Proves you're full of shit at times.

It’s a limited market and for someone to spend $500-$750k to design and development is hard to do. You never will sell enough to get back your investment so you have to be willing loose money on it or have a really long term plan. It’s a minimum of a 10 year payback for the investment. We have offered but NHRA is on this keeping cost down kick and that is where it stands as of now.

·
2 wheels,no cage,250mph
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That is exactly what I said based off development of a brand new billet engine. Not a cylinder head...... it’s much easier to do just a head.
Because the topic of discussion was cylinder heads and you actually didn't mention anywhere about billet engine cases (package being the only reference) I took it (and possibly most others) as you were referring to the topic we were discussing which was cylinder heads. With todays software/3 d modelling / 3 d printing etc,yes it is easier to do a cylinder head

1 - 20 of 21 Posts