Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of BB2+CNC heads that are busted up from no antifreeze. The best local guy said he could weld them but he wouldn't stand behind them. Who can I send them to that will stand behind them? Or is it better to just get bare castings?

I will try and post picks when I pick them back up.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Depending on the severity, you'll have more money tied up in the repairs than you would new castings.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I talked to a guy at Brodix yesterday and he said he could send me a set of bare heads for $1334.00. I failed to ask about seats, guides, and port work. Is that stuff in the bare head or does it come like the name implies "bare"?

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
The thing that would bother me about a pair of head that cracked from no antifreeze is, the heads cracked from the water passage out so how many other cracks are there that you can not see...
I would scrap them and start fresh.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I talked to a guy at Brodix yesterday and he said he could send me a set of bare heads for $1334.00. I failed to ask about seats, guides, and port work. Is that stuff in the bare head or does it come like the name implies "bare"?
Bare is bare, usually with seats and guides, but they generally need cut and sized. Port work, doubtful, but you might ask.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts