Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Clevelands Rule.
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
I am looking for a new C4 with brake to handle up to 700hp.
Who do you recommend?
Thanks
Rod

·
Registered
887 Posts
I built my own, 830hp 3200# bracket car. After seeing some of the parts JPT machined and having dealt with both companies I'd go Dynamic if I had to buy one turn key.

·
X275 O.G.
2,353 Posts

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
PA would be my choice. I have their lifetime warranty glide in my car now. Used to have their lifetime warranty c4, lets just say it didnt like 1000+hp in a 3500 lb car! lol

·
Smoke Em if you got Em
12,831 Posts
PA for sure! I seen them do a 1 for 1 trade with a broke one at the race track for a new one right off the display table, no questions asked. They take care of their customers and their stuff is top notch!

·
Registered
936 Posts
none better than frank lupo's proformance trans.... most of the nmra renegade car's run them as well do we.... most are 3200# 1200hp pushrod engines or 1300hp 3350# modular engines.... our's is a 2925# 362" sbf with a single stage fogger and frank and shawn are by far the best out there nooone's and i mean nooone's c-4's will last as long as their's in these type's of car's...... call frank or shawn for the best price tell them david from cleveland performance sent ya..... 1-877-846-lupo

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys this is my first post as I have been on for a while but haven't registered. Until this thread.

I will never buy from Dynamic again. Bought a trans/converter package deal from these guys because there stuff is supposed to be good. When we get the stuff it comes with a GM converter and no solenoid for the transbrake. So, they tell me to send the converter back and they will get me the correct one. They sent back the correct converter with a solenoid. We put everything together and then the transbrake doesn't work. Call them up and they tell me that maybe they sent me a trans without a brake. They tell me to pull it apart and send them the valve body back and they will send me a brake valve body. Do all of this and finally think everything is going good. 4 weeks at the track and the tranny won't shift into high gear. I drain the pan and it is full of metal shavings. Call Dynamic up and he tells me to put an in line filter on it that he thinks that there is probably something wrong with the pump. Said if filtering doesn't fix it to pull it out and have the tranny gone through.

Just wasn't a good experience to say the least!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Joel did mine I had 2 Hughes that went down he redid the last one and no issues. I run a BBF (460) with a C4 behind it we have 120 or so passes with no issues

Joel's on Joy

(313) 581-6266
20901 Joy Rd, Detroit, MI 48228

·
Registered
8,468 Posts
I've got a nicely built TCI C4 that was behind a 600 rwhp 3500 lb car with no issue. It has been redone by TCI and hasn't been run since. The car moved over to a powerglide. PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Joel did mine I had 2 Hughes that went down he redid the last one and no issues. I run a BBF (460) with a C4 behind it we have 120 or so passes with no issues

Joel's on Joy

(313) 581-6266
I'll second Joels. Anyone I've known with a Joels trans is more than happy. Plus, he good to talk to, nice guy, and shares knowledge of what and why. I now have one of his and its bullet proof. Its behind a 700hp URE mill. CALL Joel!!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I run a ******* Performance c4...............over 200 passes and counting...........BB ford @ 700 hp.

His are rated for 800 hp.

·
Eddie Haskell
7,850 Posts
I'll second Joels. Anyone I've known with a Joels trans is more than happy. Plus, he good to talk to, nice guy, and shares knowledge of what and why. I now have one of his and its bullet proof. Its behind a 700hp URE mill. CALL Joel!!

Joel has a great reputation.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Hey guys this is my first post as I have been on for a while but haven't registered. Until this thread.

I will never buy from Dynamic again. Bought a trans/converter package deal from these guys because there stuff is supposed to be good. When we get the stuff it comes with a GM converter and no solenoid for the transbrake. So, they tell me to send the converter back and they will get me the correct one. They sent back the correct converter with a solenoid. We put everything together and then the transbrake doesn't work. Call them up and they tell me that maybe they sent me a trans without a brake. They tell me to pull it apart and send them the valve body back and they will send me a brake valve body. Do all of this and finally think everything is going good. 4 weeks at the track and the tranny won't shift into high gear. I drain the pan and it is full of metal shavings. Call Dynamic up and he tells me to put an in line filter on it that he thinks that there is probably something wrong with the pump. Said if filtering doesn't fix it to pull it out and have the tranny gone through.

Just wasn't a good experience to say the least!!!!!!!!!!
ok just don't get dynamic trans confused with proformance trans/dynamic convertors two totally diff companies..... shawn and frank at proformance trans are the best by far!!!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
I would not deal with JPT, they built me there top of the line c4 with all the bells and whistles. It worked for a couple of years, but it always blew fluid out the vent and had a flare on the 2-3 shift. I took it back to have it freshened and repair these problems and they told me the converter was the problem, so I bought a new converter and they said they would rebuild mine for a spare. I got the trans back and It would not shift second gear under full power, so after pulling the trans in and out four times, I told them to just give me my converter back and I would go else ware, they would not give me my converter until I paid for the trans rebuild that did NOT work. so I paid them and took the trans to Chuck at CTS trans in Westland, Michigan, chuck pulled out the JPT Valve body and put in a Trans King Valve body and it has worked fine. I also have a Dynamic Mighty Might M2 that has worked flawless from day one.

·
Registered
5,001 Posts

Joel's on Joy

(313) 581-6266
I've had a few from Joel and they all worked great.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Proformance trans/dynamic convertors gets my recommendation

1 - 20 of 45 Posts