Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Trump Voter NRA Member
6,806 Posts
I heard a couple months ago there was an issues where the gates were chained and a for sale sign was on the fence. Supposedly Les Gold (the pawn show guy from Detroit) loaned them some money and I guess he wasn't getting his payments, IDK, that's just something I was told, I'm sure somebody here knows exactly what's going on.

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Curious to hear what’s happening.

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
That explains a lot.

·
Registered
342 Posts
supposedly if that track ever sold out of the family it could not be used as a drag strip it would sell as land they owed more than the land was worth its been running on borrowed time for years and yes the owners are ass holes

·
Registered
9,038 Posts
A few years ago they were supposedly way behind on paying the property taxes and 2 million in debt with assets of 2.1 million.
‘I hope they don’t close since I’m 28 miles away.

·
Registered
155 Posts
That would be a huge blow if it was closed. Seems that it is packed on test and tune nights. Part of the issue with drag strips now is it seems you have more racers than spectators and you need butts in the stands buying hot dogs and drinks.

·
Trump Voter NRA Member
6,806 Posts
Wait a minute, they pawned a dragstrip and lost it?

Is Milan the track guys were always bitching about the assholes running it?
Yep and Yep

What's the percentage a cash vs credit card and checks. Now you why it loses money every year.

·
Registered
18,172 Posts
That would be a huge blow if it was closed. Seems that it is packed on test and tune nights. Part of the issue with drag strips now is it seems you have more racers than spectators and you need butts in the stands buying hot dogs and drinks.
butts in the seats and buying hot dogs and drinks are for sure needed and money makers. But a packed T&T night is the main money maker, cause my track does not get any of the money the concession stand makes. The owner leases the track to the person who runs the track and the owners brother runs the concession stand and keeps the money,thats the deal they made. At my home track its $40 to run your car $10 to spectate for 5 hours and no payouts like a race day. They are lined up for a mile sometimes to get in. T&T is what keeps the gates open at my track and I am willing to bet if it was not for T&T many tracks would be closed

·
Registered
342 Posts
the owners wife has run a lot of racers out with her attuite and the way she treat people. No et nite was packed but payso pulled is thing out because of her and also the pay out is not good on heads up so racers go other places like summit and 131 if they change management and get bigger pay out they might get people back

·
Smart Ass Conservative
115,801 Posts
X2

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
butts in the seats and buying hot dogs and drinks are for sure needed and money makers. But a packed T&T night is the main money maker, cause my track does not get any of the money the concession stand makes. The owner leases the track to the person who runs the track and the owners brother runs the concession stand and keeps the money,thats the deal they made. At my home track its $40 to run your car $10 to spectate for 5 hours and no payouts like a race day. They are lined up for a mile sometimes to get in. T&T is what keeps the gates open at my track and I am willing to bet if it was not for T&T many tracks would be closed
keystone?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Who could forget this from last year at Milan Dragway....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts