Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a few on RJ and I have some questions about them I would like to know before ever purchasing one. PM if you have experience with them. Thanks!

·
DamCoonass
15,017 Posts
I dunno about “go to” but I have a very consistent money winner.

Whatcha wanna know?

Reactions: HeavyChevySS

·
T/S 368E
29,922 Posts

Not to steal the guys thread, but I'm debating another car for bracket racing,
and I really don't want another dragster like the other 372 already out there.
My thinking was a S/G roadster with doors deal, but was worried it might not be allowed in some of the events??

Have you guys ever been booted??

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I raced a 27T at a big money event in no box last month. That’s kinda my thinking too, I want a roadster to race in box and no box. I am concerned about going red on the bottom though. Anyone have experience on bottom bulbing roadsters?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Not to mess up this guys thread but what do you guys think of a street strip roadster or altered. I think it would work. Lightweight car easy on parts simple powerglide and you don't need crazy power to move out. Just a weekend toy. I know guys are going to say just buy a trailer but I drive truck for living and hate the idea of a car on a trailer.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
852 Posts
I raced a 27T at a big money event in no box last month. That’s kinda my thinking too, I want a roadster to race in box and no box. I am concerned about going red on the bottom though. Anyone have experience on bottom bulbing roadsters?
I have raced my roadster in footbrake for many years. It does take a little getting used to hitting the bottom. My car is an A-arm car so that helps. Front tire pressure adjustment doesn't do a whole lot for reaction because mine jerks the tire up quickly instead of rolling out. I can imagine a torsion car would hit it a little quicker yet. I just learned to relax and find my spot instead of being up on the wheel and really trying to hit it so to speak. It's nice being fast in the class too.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I had a '93 spitzer SG '27 ive been 7.70 in Denver with (1/4 mile)
with a 1.08 60
8500' air
so i have a bit of experience..
i also have a few customers with much newer and nicer roadsters

·
Registered
17,248 Posts
Not to mess up this guys thread but what do you guys think of a street strip roadster or altered. I think it would work. Lightweight car easy on parts simple powerglide and you don't need crazy power to move out. Just a weekend toy. I know guys are going to say just buy a trailer but I drive truck for living and hate the idea of a car on a trailer.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
its all good till it rains

·
Registered
17,248 Posts

Not to steal the guys thread, but I'm debating another car for bracket racing,
and I really don't want another dragster like the other 372 already out there.
My thinking was a S/G roadster with doors deal, but was worried it might not be allowed in some of the events??

Have you guys ever been booted??

I think, repeat I think ,as long as its a left steer you are ok for anything with or without the working doors. Being a left steer is what makes it ok at no box races. I THINK

·
DamCoonass
15,017 Posts
I think, repeat I think ,as long as its a left steer you are ok for anything with or without the working doors. Being a left steer is what makes it ok at no box races. I THINK
That’s correct Dom.

I’ve run the last 2 Jegs Summer Door Car Shootouts in mine & not been the only roadster there.

Reactions: Dom 332

·
T/S 368E
29,922 Posts

Now I have heard altereds have been made to run in box like they do with dragsters??
So it definitely will never be an altered.
I know there was an issue with the roadster F/C set up and no functioning doors??
I don't recall what series that was??

I just want a little side toy to have in the trailer with the T/S car in case we end up between events and something cool is close by??

·
DamCoonass
15,017 Posts

Now I have heard altereds have been made to run in box like they do with dragsters??
I know there was an issue with the roadster F/C set up and no functioning doors??

I just want a little side toy to have in the trailer with the T/S car in case we end up between events and something cool is close by??

Yep

No dragsters or center steer altereds in no box at 99.9% of tracks but you can run a 3.98 roadster. lol

Reactions: mrdragster1970

·
Registered
17,248 Posts

as you know an altered is not left hand steer, it is center steer and that is why they were made to race in box class. Read post #14 & 15

·
T/S 368E
29,922 Posts
Yep

No dragsters or center steer altereds in no box at 99.9% of tracks but you can run a 3.98 roadster. lol
That's my plan, 45" nose, wide open viewing, and have some old school fun without all the space shuttle stuff in my T/S car!!!
Timers, stages, heating bottles, delay settings etc etc.
I used to love running no box, and wanted to do it again!!
Of course I got screwed again this year after starting 8 month's ahead of time and still not getting what I paid for!!!

·
Registered
852 Posts
At our track and most around me you can run a roadster, altered or dragster in the normal footbrake class. In the big money events only the roadster is allowed to run with the no box / door car crowd.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts