Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got some stuff in the works so figure id post up now. Besides V.A. does anyone else make turbo headers that keep the stock alt. in place and still has good plug/wire placement? Or anyone find any other stock manifolds that work better?

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ShearerFab makes some cool stuff but $2200 for headers is deff a no go. Thanks for the link though.

Josh, PM sent

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WORTH EVERY PENNY
i dont doubt that one second but i just cant justify that price when others can be had for $1400. Just seein what all is out there because, like ShearFab, iv never knew they made stuff. Just checking all my options before i do somethin ya know.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just some ones i made. Nothing special.
Got about $400 in bends flanges collectors v-bands and flex sections. Not stainless. Just 16 gauge mild

Started as this:

ended up like:

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's pretty sweet. PM me if u feel like making another set

·
Registered
130 Posts
I would but i still havent even finished welding this set. 6 month old baby boys tend to take most of your spare time!

·
Registered
26 Posts
+1 for Josh @ KYTP. He did my kit and headers about a year ago. No cracks or leaks and thats with street driving and well over 100 1/4 passes.

·
Registered
303 Posts
x2...Josh is a great guy to work with and will take good care of you!

+1 for Josh @ KYTP. He did my kit and headers about a year ago. No cracks or leaks and thats with street driving and well over 100 1/4 passes.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Jerry..bring the car down to batavia to the shop. I can make them for you for a great price out of mild. PM me if interested.

·
LSXTTFMF
927 Posts
Has anyone looked at the ls3 camaro manifolds? They seem to look like they would provide a way around the factory alternator.

Also those running manifold front mounts with a mild steel crossover pipe, how are your crossover pipes holding up? Mig welds, vibration and heat seems like a cracked pipe waiting to happen?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Has anyone looked at the ls3 camaro manifolds? They seem to look like they would provide a way around the factory alternator.

Also those running manifold front mounts with a mild steel crossover pipe, how are your crossover pipes holding up? Mig welds, vibration and heat seems like a cracked pipe waiting to happen?
I tried a set as soon as I seen them. Steering shaft is the main issue on the driverside. They would be perfect if not for that though.

·
LSXTTFMF
927 Posts
Well dangit haha. I tried. I've already got 6.0 manifolds so that's what I'll be using. I don't care to relocate the alternator, it's not that big of a deal.

2.5 or 3" crossover pipe for a t6 flange big single big cube setup?

·
Registered
315 Posts

Proper mig welds on mild steel hold up way better then the stainless I have seen going around. The thermal expansion properties are much better with mild steel.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Well dangit haha. I tried. I've already got 6.0 manifolds so that's what I'll be using. I don't care to relocate the alternator, it's not that big of a deal.

2.5 or 3" crossover pipe for a t6 flange big single big cube setup?
PM phil99vette either here or ls1tech. you'll be very surprised at what he says.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts