Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
No shit? That's cool!

I'm surprised no one has mentioned XRP yet. From their catalog, "Manufactured in our own facility in the U.S.A., every XRP Performance Hose End is race-ready when it reaches our customers." Their XR-31 hose is also specifically called out in their catalog as made in USA, and this is what they have to say overall: "The lion’s share of XRP’s products are engineered and manufactured in the U.S.A. XRP has been instrumental in industry efforts to accurately label true 'Made in U.S.A.' products because we think our customers deserve to know!"
XRP is my favorite. I only started using them because they pay contingency, but wow, they fit nice And after cutting ,there is no fighting to get them started. Really nicely engineered piece.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Our high end stuff we use the goodridge hose and crimp fittings. Our other stuff we use XRP. Thats about all ill use. I do know the Brown and Miller stuff is really nice as well

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
That sucks. I hope my Fragola stuff holds up

HA!!!! First start up and my Fragola trans lines/fittings leak. One doesn't, the other is a Summit and it is fine but the other 2 leak. Guess I'm going to order Summit lines and fittings and redo those this week. Should've listened to others on here, but that's what I get for trying something new and trying to save a few bucks. Fragola=junk

·
Registered
562 Posts
The biggest problem fittings have is usually the person putting them together. Then attaching them to another fitting. I have seen people cranking the shit out of AN fittings like they are hydraulic lines. Just the one 90 that is pictured is not put together properly. Always use ARP ultra torque on the threads. If its not tightening down all the way you have the hose too far up the fitting. You also have to make sure the line is cut square. If not the olive will not seal properly. Other leaks can be caused by miss matched fittings. The flare angle can be a couple degrees off which is usually why people are cranking them tight as hell and they still leak. I myself have used hundreds of Fragola fittings. No leaks here either. Hell everyone I know uses Fragola. Never heard anyone complain about leaking fittings. So IMO if your having trouble with leaking fittings there is a good chance your doing something wrong while putting them together or tightening them too tight and destroying the fitting.

·
Registered
808 Posts
The flare angle can be a couple degrees off which is usually why people are cranking them tight as hell and they still leak.
If that is the case then whatever fittings you have been using aren't quality fittings. At 2° off you could have a fitting at 35° and a hose end at 39° for 4° total. I would hope that they wouldn't be anywhere near that far off.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Why are olives a part of assembly? Aeroquip does not use them. Seems like one more thing to go wrong. Used Aeroquip for 20 plus years and made up a lot of them for others with no leaks or come backs. Not that much more expensive than Jegs or Summit private label fittings and easy to assemble. Also Kool Tools assembly tools help with starting hose over the fitting without getting pricked fingers by the wire covering.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
The biggest problem fittings have is usually the person putting them together. Then attaching them to another fitting. I have seen people cranking the shit out of AN fittings like they are hydraulic lines. Just the one 90 that is pictured is not put together properly. Always use ARP ultra torque on the threads. If its not tightening down all the way you have the hose too far up the fitting. You also have to make sure the line is cut square. If not the olive will not seal properly. Other leaks can be caused by miss matched fittings. The flare angle can be a couple degrees off which is usually why people are cranking them tight as hell and they still leak. I myself have used hundreds of Fragola fittings. No leaks here either. Hell everyone I know uses Fragola. Never heard anyone complain about leaking fittings. So IMO if your having trouble with leaking fittings there is a good chance your doing something wrong while putting them together or tightening them too tight and destroying the fitting.

I've been careful not to tighten them so much that they crack because I've also seen that become an issue. I'm pretty detail oriented when it comes to stuff like that though. I do not mismatch brand A fittings onto brand B fittings because I know not all manufacturers are the same down to the thousandths of an inch on hose diameters or like you said, flare angle. I'll say this, my entire fuel system is Summit brand PTFE hose and fittings and those went together easy and so far have not seen any leaks. The Fragola, I made with the same tools (actually smartened up and bought a pair of hose/cable shears to make life easier when I got the Fragola stuff) and it fought me and actually had to junk one fitting and throw a Summit fitting on the Fragola hose (ok, so maybe just once I interchanged brands) and believe it or not the Summit on Fragola hose is one of the two that's not leaking. I also noticed on the Fragola AN to NPT fittings I bought that the machining of the threads didn't look very clean. Saw the same thing on some Fragola carb inlet fittings I bought late last year and ended up returning. I always thought that Fragola was one of the top brands, but I'm just not convinced anymore that that's the case. Maybe something with the company has changed in their manufacturing process here lately and that's why me and a few others on here are not fans of them, I don't know.

I would've bought Summit fittings and hose again yesterday to redo my trans lines but they were not estimated to ship out the hose until 6/1 and I just can't wait those few days for it to possibly ship out. Got to get this car done and headed down the track so I can start getting it dialed in for some big races coming up this summer. Ended up going with Aeroquip to see what can be done with those.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts