Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will attempt to post some pics but it appears that there is some moisture in the motor. I'm running water wetter and believe I have an intake gasket issue, it pushed oil out of the China wall seal at the front. Any thoughts?

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
76,643 Posts
CONDENSATION CAN BE N ISSUE....IF THIS IS A DRAG ONLY CAR...AND NEVER SEES A THOROUGH HEAT CYCLE....OR..ITS THE OTHER... :)

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I agree with 79540 (Kevin) condensation most likely, the oil setting on top of the cylinder head looks clean.
Steve

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
typically condensation. At the end of every day, i pull my covers and let the motor cool down to ambient temp with the covers off to let it get rid of moisture. I also check my lash and springs at this time because the covers are off, why not....lol

·
T/S 368E
26,349 Posts

When you beat the piss out of your car all day, then tow home 2 hours in the cooler temps it's going to milk.
I never did any thing and after 200-300 runs per season I never had any unusual wear & tear.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Is this a fresh build? Back in the day we used lubriplate as an assembly lube. It was white and looked like that as the oil washed it out.

·
Registered
555 Posts
On my new build I had the same issue but I only found water droplets on the underside of the valve covers...… I am also running a vacuum pump that will help pull vapor out of the engine... took the car to the track got back home pulled vc no more moisture..... strange you would be pushing moisture out from the china rail maybe not sealed up all the way...JMO

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
a lot of intakes have serious warping on the intake face. Ive seen new edelbrocks that the corner on one end was .035 from being flat, so it is a possibility that gasket is seeping i didnt read close enough the firt time to see the china wall comment. so it is possible thats an issue. We mill every intake that comes in to make it flat, and always use silicone around the water ports just in case.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I always have a little bit of condensation milking similar to that in my super stock engines. Never causes a problem. Like a few other have said not a big enough heat cycle. Remove your fill cap and evac hoses if you have them and it helps dry it out when storing the car. I just wipe it up when I remove the covers and check the lash. A little WD40 helps clean it up too then blow off with air

·
Registered
65,841 Posts
Condensation from not getting the oil hot enough to burn it off.
What kind of fuel do you burn? Alky or racing gas

·
Registered
65,841 Posts
Okay. Assuming you have breathers in the valve covers?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts