Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone gone from a roots blower to a whipple 305. I am just looking for some input from any one who made the switch. Thanks Glenn

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
not a 305 but i did swap a eaton 1.8 litter roots blower for a 2.3 litter whipple twin screw (210?). the twin screw made lots more power,,lots

it also runs hotter,,,so an upgrade on the innercooler system might be in order also.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The new whipple 5.0 is the one to look at for that application. I have heard of 1400 hp on pump gas
Thanks Im kinda hearing the same input.

·
Registered
179 Posts
im also curious on the 305 (5.0 liters). takes less than a roots to spin and gives max boost instantly when the throttle opens, not depending on rpm as the prochargers are. would be interesting to hear from someone that got one.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Whipple just udated there site.They now sell a 510R and 510Ax blowers which are both 8.3 L they can only turn 12000 rpm though

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have to call whipple and see what they say Im just afraid of hearing the price or afraid telling my wife. I'll try not to tell her.;)

·
Registered
665 Posts
I have to call whipple and see what they say Im just afraid of hearing the price or afraid telling my wife. I'll try not to tell her.;)

I went from 871 to a 3.3,this is a marine apli,its a differant animal,I impressed with them,and see alot of them in boats, the innercooler is pretty efecient ,on the dyno steady state pulls iac was 115. in the boat running it 115-125.If I had to do the boat I would look at the 5.It makes boost way down,Give Dustin a call he's a real nice and very helpfull person,his dad I think does more a the car stuff.

There also making a 4.,Im hearing also A 8.0

Since he started building them himself they've gotten pricey

Heres a few vids

Rob:)

http://www.youtube.com/user/StripPoker388

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm still thinking about the whipple 510r but the price is tough to handle if it don't make more power than my 1071.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts