Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,
Thinking seriously about leaving the SSI 14/71 and trying for more power.

Working through the blower thing and want to go for internal compression. Should I go Whipple 980 or PSI screw (c), or either? Want to make more efficient power, don't have unlimited budget (I know, doesn't match). Any bad experiences with the 980? Maybe not the world's first choice, but have heard only good about the power it makes. This would be going on a 540 BBC, will try to run in local outlaw class......

TIA

ScottRod

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Well..if you have tried to deal with any tech at Whipple...the answer is pretty obvious. PSI tech support is awesome and would recommend them to anyone.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
The 980 is a Great Blower. If you know what you want and what you are doing then it is a nice peace. But if you are going to need some help STAY AWAY FROM WHIPPLE. I have there 510 on my car now and love it. But it was a long hard road getting there.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Well..if you have tried to deal with any tech at Whipple...the answer is pretty obvious. PSI tech support is awesome and would recommend them to anyone.
Have you ever tried to resert a PSI blower before?
Dont need tech help with a Whipple, bolt it on and forget about it. I have some been running on offshore boat engines for 8 years and zero issues. Even outlasted a couple boats

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Listening to the ongoing Whipple drama at OL, and the extreme lack of tech support for anything....we had Mikes wife even call them and tell them that we were calling, they still couldnt answer a simple question, I'll stick with the PSI. I called Clay, they were able to help me out and we sent the blower back to them to get restripped. No big deal. Whipple was a big dissapointment and they lost two sales over their shitty customer service. Glad you have had good luck but I'm not interested.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Whipple blower are awsome piece.As for dealing with company whole differant story. I have a lmost new whipple off my TA/D and basic have to keep it because whipple wouldn't work with NHRA or recertifing them. Damn shame its a bad mother. Even with way rich tuneup(if you can call it that) the car ran [email protected] while breaking crap at 1000'and numbers at 1/8 and 1000 indicate 5.65 range runs and that back in 1996.Jay Payne told me he had over 400 runs on the one he had on car that weekend.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Chris, do you still have the Whipple and is it for sale? THANKS, Jim in TN 931-580-8804 or [email protected]
THANKS!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts