Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
12,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really a technical question as such, but what valve covers do you guys use on your n/a small block race engines?
I have used the cast Brodix ones in the past but I no longer have the Brodix heads. I don't want to spend Moroso billet or billet rail fabricated money.
Has anyone used the 2 piece Proform covers? I like the idea of the retained gasket on the top cover for checking the valve clearance, but what is the quality like and will they hold vacuum?

·
Registered
738 Posts
I had the Biondo fabricated aluminum covers and I sent them out and had them chromed. The quality of the cover was good and never had a leak.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have sone cheap fabbed aluminum ones from ebay. They were around $80. Seals good.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Black ones with billet rails lol! Call BLP and see if they make chevy stuff. Ive used a bunch of his ford stuff. The oil pan guy in california im drawing a blank here but i have a set of his at the shop they have nice thick rails, welds look great. I know chris used to deal with him a lot awhile back.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Sorry you said no expensive Stuff so BLP is out. But the name of guy in cali is williams. I think they were around $200 shipped.

·
TEAM CARB
45,348 Posts
Normally I'd say anything that doesn't leak. But, seeing you have a dragster, I'd also consider something that is easier to clean (chromed aluminum).

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Believe it or not some of the eBay ones are not bad . The flanges are thick , holes line up and mate perfectly on my afrs , clean welds all around , stainless hardware,gaskets sit flush, I'm very happy with mine and don't think there is any better for 60 something dollars.They look huge for small block covers and that looks good IMO

Zoom in and check out the welds

1 - 20 of 42 Posts