Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to help a friend decide on a turbo for his 331 SBF. Chocies are a used (500 miles) Garret 76mm with a .96 a/r for $700, or a new Turbonetics 78mm oil and water cooled 1.15 a/r for $1000? Out of these choices which would you choose? Its a world block, all forged rotating assembly...etc. Has a set of high ports on it, solid roller, 9:1 compression, efi spyder intake and he is running a powerglide.

Looking for low 9's in a fox body Mustang GT.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Wazslow,

Give Reed @ Supernaturalturbo.com a call he can spec you one out, I have no clue as a price but I'm sure it would be competitive. But his customer service is unreal and he gives you a service plan and a warranty I believe.

Tell Him Kory told you to call!

·
الكتاب ا
6,697 Posts
Reed and I can certainly help. Shoot me a PM and we'll talk about it. If you're dead set on one of those two turbos, then I would have to say it depends on the specifics of that "Garrett 76mm" unit. All 76's are not created equal. :yawinkle:

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reed and I can certainly help. Shoot me a PM and we'll talk about it. If you're dead set on one of those two turbos, then I would have to say it depends on the specifics of that "Garrett 76mm" unit. All 76's are not created equal. :yawinkle:
Yeah, unfortunatly its not my call. He is set on one of these units.

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
s400 would be better and around he same money if not cheaper in base trim

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
Trying to help a friend decide on a turbo for his 331 SBF. Chocies are a used (500 miles) Garret 76mm with a .96 a/r for $700, or a new Turbonetics 78mm oil and water cooled 1.15 a/r for $1000? Out of these choices which would you choose? Its a world block, all forged rotating assembly...etc. Has a set of high ports on it, solid roller, 9:1 compression, efi spyder intake and he is running a powerglide.

Looking for low 9's in a fox body Mustang GT.
Wazslow,
Street, race or ??? The 76 is a pretty good choice for the motor size depend what he is doing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts