Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would be the best 3 speed automatic to use with a 815hp sbf shifting at 8500. thanks in advance

·
Registered
836 Posts
Hutch , I see a lot of talk on here of c-4s only lasting 60-100 pass's at this power level. I am close to what he makes and only have a couple pass's on my c-4 with the new engine. So is this true ? I'm not looking forward to paying so often to have it
Freshened. If this is the case I'm going to have to learn to do it myself or make the switch to the 400 T. Nice rds I see your power level is up some. Is there a reason you are considering taking out the manual??

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is there a reason you are considering taking out the manual??
at this power level its gotten to be so much work it taken the fun out of things. hate to do it cause I know the car will probably slow down. on a side note made my fasted pass the other day 8.86 @158

·
Registered
836 Posts
at this power level its gotten to be so much work it taken the fun out of things. hate to do it cause I know the car will probably slow down. on a side note made my fasted pass the other day 8.86 @158
That's what I'm talking about! When mine does that I'll be a little more excited.

·
Disconnected
3,444 Posts
Powerglide and a high stall 8 inch converter. If you can get it to stall in the high 6000's and gear the car up pretty good you'll have the results that you'r looking for. Think about SB2 motors that spin 8k-10 at 800-900 HP. They all run well when the converters figured out.

Spare yourself the C4 Drama that you know is inevitable. A turbo 400 is a decent choice but in my experience at the mid 8 second power level it becomes a real chore to handle

1 - 12 of 12 Posts