Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this is for a 3900 lb A-body, 4l80 transbrake, 3.54 gears, around 650 rwhp.

I've always foot-braked this car and hooked on the 275 mt radial with 550 rwhp but with the trans-brake and extra power I want to get a slick or et street tire, so which would work best for my setup? Looking for nothing bigger than a 28x10.5

Mt slick, et street
Or Hoosiers slick or et street equivalent?

Also don't want to run tubes if that makes a difference at all. Thanks

·
Registered
27,956 Posts

I've always foot-braked this car and hooked on the 275 mt radial with 550 rwhp but with the trans-brake and extra power I want to get a slick or et street tire, so which would work best for my setup? Looking for nothing bigger than a 28x10.5

Mt slick, et street

Just curious...why not work on the suspension a little and keep the drag radials? Plenty of cars out there with 1000+ on 275's.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Just curious...why not work on the suspension a little and keep the drag radials? Plenty of cars out there with 1000+ on 275's.
I don't have any classes that require me to run a radial, and my local track is usually only good if they have a big event...I'm buying these for the new year and to go down to SGMP this feb., I've never launched off a TB and won't have alot of tuning time, so I'd rather run slicks and hook after driving 8.5 hrs to the race and only have the radials

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BUT after the event i will be working on getting it to hook on the radials, but will be the 295-55's....and who knows, it might hook now on the current setup, I just don't know and won't till the big race

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I would recommend the 3055S (28.0/10.5-15S) with a tube. The stiff sidewall and tube will work good with your weight/horsepower and the transbrake.

Thanks,

Jason Moulton

·
Registered
1,047 Posts

Mt slick, et street

IMO on a heavy car, either a stiff sidewall slick or a drag radial. My chevelle at 3850 would wad up anything other then either one of the i mentioned. (tried et streets and non stiff slicks). I'd run the 295/55R15 drag if you want some thing in the 28" or work you suspension some and stay with the 275/60.
I now run the 295/65R15 MT drag radial and am at 19psi. Been low 1.3's with the back tires
Very similar boat to what you are in!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts