Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
"All roads have wires" is a day one helicopter pilot saying.

Wires suck to see from the air, they blend in with the ground, so you assume if there is a road, there is wires, unless you have really good knowledge that a specific spot is different.

This idiot found out the hard way. He was lucky that they hit blades and not PC links or swash plate.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I would have shut that thing down a little quicker than they did. And those wires might be hard to see in a grass field but the poles sure aren't.

·
Banned
119,191 Posts
Lucky as hell

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Can't fix stupid. You can plainly see the poles...yeah I got it, sun is setting but still....do a fucking high recon first you idiot!

·
Q(t)=ṁCpΔT
28,142 Posts
I had a neighbor kill himself with a Robinson. The problem is the affordable helicopter for the masses and the inexperience of the people flying them.

·
A bad example for others
35,766 Posts
Haha, used to insure these.

A regular plane like a Cessna 172 will run you ~$600-$800 a year for a non experienced student pilot with full hull coverage and $1million liability.

A Robinson R44 was right at $13-14,000 a year. :shock:

Guys never understood why...:smt088

·
Q(t)=ṁCpΔT
28,142 Posts
Haha, used to insure these.

A regular plane like a Cessna 172 will run you ~$600-$800 a year for a non experienced student pilot with full hull coverage and $1million liability.

A Robinson R44 was right at $13-14,000 a year. :shock:

Guys never understood why...:smt088

Look, in the sky, its a Robinson, DUCK! :p

·
Registered
21,576 Posts
GOD DAMMIT You wanna warn us next time that

1........The first two fuckin minuts is nothing but bullshit

2........The damn thing doesn't even SHOW the actual crash?

3........Shit

1 - 12 of 12 Posts